HKPRO Forums banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have small paint chipping but other than that not a single issue
How bad is your paint chip? Mine has some on the mag well. Should I send this back in 2nd batch Z5RS
To me it looks like poor metal prep so the finish did not adhere properly. Call them on Monday and see what they say.
Sending in for sure over 2gs purchased on 6/22/19 after reviewing pics from 1st day of ownership issue was present just never noticed it. I’d expect more. They will make it right I’m sure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How bad is your paint chip? Mine has some on the mag well. Should I send this back in 2nd batch Z5RS
I would. On a brand new gun for that price point that is unacceptable.
Sending in for sure Over 2gs. purchased on 6/22/19 after reviewing pics from 1st day of ownership issue was present just never noticed it. I’d expect more. They will make it right I’m sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that it shows that the gun left the factory within spec and with proper QC. No parts had to be replaced once the gun was stateside. I don't think it matters much but I think that is why people are posting this. In the end because of the QC issues people are now going over these guns with a fine tooth comb looking for anything and everything that could be wrong with it. I can understand doing that because $1700-$2000 isnt a ton of money but it is not a small amount either to pay for a pistol. That said we are all buying these because we do not want to pony up for a real HK or a US made clone from someone like Dakota Tactical that is putting the work in upfront to avoid these issues. It is a $$ to value ratio decision we are all making. If I were using this gun to kick in doors I would have gotten a DT but since I am just ambushing paper and steel targets I went with clones but did so with my eyes wide open.

I recently picked up a 2016 Z-5P and then a 2nd 2019 batch Z5Rs and both run 100%. They both look great. Solid welds, no mag wobble and shoot 100% with MKE and KCI 2nd Gen mags. The Z5RS however is going back. The cocking tube end cap came off and when I was putting it back on I noticed that there is a spacer in there. I thought that it was odd so I inspected it further. It is threaded and I removed it. Once I did I notice that the cocking tube is touching the triple frame. This and the spacer do not allow the barrel to free float as it should. I contacted Zenith and have a return shipping label and will be sending the gun in after the holiday weekend. Here is a pic of the issue. They told me they will not have to cut or replacing of the tube. They claim they can take care of it with a set of mandrels. Ideally I would love it to be perfectly centered like the Z-5P but as long as they can get it off the triple tower I am good. Will update when it returns.

Does this effect accuracy?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sending in for sure Over 2gs. purchased on 6/22/19 after reviewing pics from 1st day of ownership issue was present just never noticed it. I’d expect more. They will make it right I’m sure.
Zenith seems to be a doing a great job at fixing any issues. I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Z-5RS. WAY better than the factory 2nds POFs that came in with a joke of a warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
At longer distances I believe it will. I have only shot it 25 yards and in so far. Will test it a bit more over the holiday weekend and then send it in an compare when I get it back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got the tropical forearm and SBT brace installed. Is it pretty common to require a soft mallet and some love taps to get the brace seated? Doesn't seem like I'm field stripping it by hand without a punch anymore.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got the tropical forearm and SBT brace installed. Is it pretty common to require a soft mallet and some love taps to get the brace seated? Doesn't seem like I'm field stripping it by hand without a punch anymore.

Mine is exactly the same way.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Sadly, yes. It’s the brace, not the gun.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sadly, yes. It’s the brace, not the gun.
Not sure why everyone always claims its the fault of the brace. Aren't they easier to mass produce? Like I have numerous braces and multiple clones...most of the same braces fit on the same clones and then not on others.

Like if 3 braces fit fine on 3 guns and then those same 3 won't fit on one specific clone, wouldn't it be the clone?

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Not sure why everyone always claims its the fault of the brace. Aren't they easier to mass produce? Like I have numerous braces and multiple clones...most of the same braces fit on the same clones and then not on others.

Like if 3 braces fit fine on 3 guns and then those same 3 won't fit on one specific clone, wouldn't it be the clone?
Well, there’s the fact that factory HK A2 and A3 stocks fit fine on my Zenith Z-5RS, while the SBT brace needed the pin hammered in and out. Based on that data point, one can conclude that the Zenith receiver is in-spec, but the brace adapter is not. A number of people have reported the same.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A bit of time/filing to the push pin hole in the brace, and you will not need a hammer and punch to remove the pin.

·
Registered
83 Posts
A bit of time/filing to the push pin hole in the brace, and you will not need a hammer and punch to remove the pin.
If my eform 1 takes much longer than a month, I'll start messing with the brace to get it fitting better. Once the form 1 comes back, the brace is history, at least on my gun.

Reactions: gt40doc

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well, there’s the fact that factory HK A2 and A3 stocks fit fine on my Zenith Z-5RS, while the SBT brace needed the pin hammered in and out. Based on that data point, one can conclude that the Zenith receiver is in-spec, but the brace adapter is not. A number of people have reported the same.
This. My Z5RS fits my German H&K F stock fine, pin pops in and out easy with my fingers.

I don't own or run braces, just SBRs so can't tell you about that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Receiver.jpg Front Sight.jpg

Just got back home with my refinished Z-5RS. Decided to drive to Zenith and pick it up in person, since I wanted to visit the Shenandoah National Park anyway. UPS picked it up from me 1 week ago today.

The difference in finish is night and day. They re-parkerized the muzzle but didn't duracoat, just like on shojus' gun, which will be appreciated when I get a suppressor. They also adjusted my magazine well to the point where there is barely any movement, bolt open or closed, even though I noted that the previous wobble did not cause any malfunctions. Oddly enough, my SBT5A brace also no longer requires a rubber mallet to install/remove, while still feeling completely solidly mounted. The Zenith hat and patch were a nice addition, too.

All in all, I can say I'm now 100% satisfied with my purchase and would not hesitate to recommend Zenith-imported MKE guns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me chime in on this as I just got my Zenith Z-5RS and seems like it is a 2019 batch as per the serial number. So here goes:

I went to an indoor range to shoot it for the first time and have a feel for it.

Range only has 20 yards maximum and shot it on top of a table with bags. Initial 5 shots was 2-3 inches to the right so windage adjustment was needed. By following L(ow)- L(eft) - C(lockwise), I got my screwdriver and turned the windage clockwise.

After some shots and adjustments, I ended up maxing out the windage but my shots are still an inch to the right.

This is my first mp5 (clone) but not new to rifles (AR’s, bolt action or even a Scar 17s) at all. I had the range master try to shoot it to and had same results. So I might be able to say that it is not user error as I also adjusted my aim to the left of my target and it hit the bulls-eye.

Pictures of rear sight added below:

I’ve shard/asked on a facebook page about this and I was pointed to this thread. I was told that some 2019 batch also had some reports of canted sights which I want to confirm here and also ask on how should i fix this or contact Zenith about it.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
View attachment 236700 View attachment 236702

Just got back home with my refinished Z-5RS. Decided to drive to Zenith and pick it up in person, since I wanted to visit the Shenandoah National Park anyway. UPS picked it up from me 1 week ago today.

The difference in finish is night and day. They re-parkerized the muzzle but didn't duracoat, just like on shojus' gun, which will be appreciated when I get a suppressor. They also adjusted my magazine well to the point where there is barely any movement, bolt open or closed, even though I noted that the previous wobble did not cause any malfunctions. Oddly enough, my SBT5A brace also no longer requires a rubber mallet to install/remove, while still feeling completely solidly mounted. The Zenith hat and patch were a nice addition, too.

All in all, I can say I'm now 100% satisfied with my purchase and would not hesitate to recommend Zenith-imported MKE guns.
I knew they'd fix you right up! It was worth it to send it in huh? I also told them that I didn't have an issue with the magwell as much as I did the paint, but they did a GREAT job making sure everything left their facility in pristine condition! Have fun with your shiny Z-5RS!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I knew they'd fix you right up! It was worth it to send it in huh? I also told them that I didn't have an issue with the magwell as much as I did the paint, but they did a GREAT job making sure everything left their facility in pristine condition! Have fun with your shiny Z-5RS!
Absolutely. Thanks for the push!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I love the idea of the ACP9 but wonder how the system runs compared to the mp5. I’ve shot evo and have ar variants in 9mm and just don’t find the direct blow back nearly as much fun to shoot as the h&k. Reason I’m looking is I’d love a SD pcc and are thinking long term have parabellum build a rcm mp5sd or get a acp9sd. Too many options. For now I’ll just wait for my can to get out of jail for the zeniths I have.
I find the APC9 to be equally smooth/soft shooting as the MP5, while also having updated ergos, easier optic mounting, and a bolt hold open. With that said, it’s not either or, it’s buy both. An MP5 is a must.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts