HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new shooter and I've been trolling the forums for a couple of months now and purchased a new USP Tactical 40SW from MLSec with the tactical bag, jet funnel, Mepro adjustable NS, and the Insight X2L. It's been a great shooter so far after about 500 rounds, but seeing how the production on the tac's are uncertain, I picked up a standard USP 40 used to abuse on the range in case the tacticals become more of a commodity than they already are.

I have a couple of questions. The white dot insert in the use USPf 40 has disappeared. The counter man at the range I go to said it wasn't all that uncommon and he suggested getting a small paint brush and dabbing some paint inside the hole left in the sight. Has anyone else run into this?

I was looking at the TruGlo TFO sights for the standard USP, and since the slide was the same and I don't intend to use a suppressor on the tac, they should also work shouldn't they?

As far as installation of the TFO's, it doesn't seem to make any sense to me to drop $100 on the MGW sight tool when my local gunshop/range installs sights for a fraction of that.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed the forum so far. The wealth of information from the members has been really super. Thanks.

Attachments

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have a couple of questions. The white dot insert in the use USPf 40 has disappeared. The counter man at the range I go to said it wasn't all that uncommon and he suggested getting a small paint brush and dabbing some paint inside the hole left in the sight. Has anyone else run into this?

I have heard a few members on this board talking about it before. I have not had it happen to me yet but...it could. So I would say rare but it does happen from time to time.

I was looking at the TruGlo TFO sights for the standard USP, and since the slide was the same and I don't intend to use a suppressor on the tac, they should also work shouldn't they?

Yes a USPF is a USPF. The notches in the slide for the sights are the same size.

As far as installation of the TFO's, it doesn't seem to make any sense to me to drop $100 on the MGW sight tool when my local gunshop/range installs sights for a fraction of that.

I always have my dealer do mine I spend enough money there they don't even charge me anymore. If you were planning on buying several guns and changing the sights I would say yes but if you are happy with what you have let someone else do it.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed the forum so far. The wealth of information from the members has been really super. Thanks.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts