HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the approval today - only a few weeks at ATF. I did not yet have a guy mod the model name, and live in VA.

I guess this was OK?

Now what? Do I take it to a reputable guy and just do it? I am leaning towards the guy in Richmond, as he seems expert and close to my location.

S1m

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
For VA area TSC Machine is the go-to solution. Only issue is they won’t take work they can’t complete in a reasonable time period so sometimes you have to wait to provide it to them based on the complexity of your project. http://www.tscmachine.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Just got the approval today - only a few weeks at ATF. I did not yet have a guy mod the model name, and live in VA.

I guess this was OK?

Now what? Do I take it to a reputable guy and just do it? I am leaning towards the guy in Richmond, as he seems expert and close to my location.

S1m
I assume you mean TSC machine? They are close to Richmond and the top H&K smith in the country. Yes, call them and schedule a time to drop off, bring your form 1 and any parts you need.
They did my HK94 to MP5N, an HK94 to MP5SD, SP5K to MP5K-PDW and several others for me. Highly reccomend.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Why would you ruin an HK93?

18Z50
Assuming he’s talking about a 94 and not a 93, how is sending it to a reputable smith such as TSC, assuming Mike takes the work, ruining it? He’s increasing the value assuming he uses all HK parts and an actual N front end. I’m all for keeping some 94s in factory condition, but converting one only serves to increase the value of OP’s gun.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Assuming he’s talking about a 94 and not a 93, how is sending it to a reputable smith such as TSC, assuming Mike takes the work, ruining it? He’s increasing the value assuming he uses all HK parts and an actual N front end. I’m all for keeping some 94s in factory condition, but converting one only serves to increase the value of OP’s gun.
Form 4 > Form 1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, my mistake. I have a 94a3, and the going rate seems to be in the $6,000-8,000 range. The MP5-N market rate seems to be a bit higher, and the full auto seems to be 55k. This is for investment purposes mainly. The first step is to make this an N, then we will see about auto after that.

My original question is now that it is approved, I take it to TSC and have him restamp this as MP5N? After the approval?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yes, my mistake. I have a 94a3, and the going rate seems to be in the $6,000-8,000 range. The MP5-N market rate seems to be a bit higher, and the full auto seems to be 55k. This is for investment purposes mainly. The first step is to make this an N, then we will see about auto after that.

My original question is now that it is approved, I take it to TSC and have him restamp this as MP5N? After the approval?
Yes, that is the correct process. As long as it is approved as an MP5-N, not an HK94.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that is the correct process. As long as it is approved as an MP5-N, not an HK94.
Thanks. Yes, this got approved as an MP5-N, even though I sent photos showing it was the 94. Even though this is irrelevant now, it seems like chicken and egg. Do you re-stamp it as the N before you send the photos and form 1? Or, like me now, get the approval and get hot.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Thanks. Yes, this got approved as an MP5-N, even though I sent photos showing it was the 94. Even though this is irrelevant now, it seems like chicken and egg. Do you re-stamp it as the N before you send the photos and form 1? Or, like me now, get the approval and get hot.
It doesn't matter at this point.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mike @ TSC does great work. He did an SP89 to MP5K conversion for me. It was so nice, I did not want to shoot it.

I have had Jeff Walters (Parabellum Combat Systems) work on my stuff (he was super). Also you can see if Ralph Smith Jr RDTS will do it ( he's on Instagram).. Although I have not personally seen his work, I have heard nothing but positive feedback and great images. Jayson Cotter at IGF did my 94 to SBR conversion. He did a great job, but apparently ran into trouble with the law and people, I think he shut down operations.. regardless I would no use him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am not sure if TSC is a realistic option right now unless you have a lot of patience. I have been on the waiting list for ~10 months to send them an HK94/MP5 to have the barrel swapped out, markings updated, and refinished.

When I called a week or so ago to check status and if they were ready for me to ship the gun in, I was told they are still not ready and to call back at the end of August which will be right at about a year wait just to send it in. There is no guarantee they will accept it in August since each time I call based off the previous conversation I am told "call back in a month or two and we should be good to take it in" only to be told sorry you need to call back in another month or two. If they don't take it in August I may just throw in the towel and go another route at that point as even though I committed to send them the work a year ago I think a year wait probably satisfies the obligations on my end.

I have a gun with Ralph Jr right now as well and his backlog is also in excess of 6 months as he has had an SP5 since January for an MP5/10 conversion, although I hope to get it back in the next month or so as I have been told work has actually started on it at this point.

TPM won't even return your phone calls or emails. I actually spoke with them in person a month ago or so when we were both at the same shooting range one afternoon and they told me their backlog was basically a disaster when I mentioned I had tried to get in touch with them and never heard back. (that gun actually is the one that ended up with Ralph Jr)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mike just told me recently he is finishing up what he has and retiring... No new work.
Interesting I probably talked to Tammy maybe 10 days ago and was told to hang tight until the end of August and they should be good to take it in at that point. She didn't mention anything about retiring and not accepting any more new work.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Interesting I probably talked to Tammy maybe 10 days ago and was told to hang tight until the end of August and they should be good to take it in at that point. She didn't mention anything about retiring and not accepting any more new work.
Maybe they go back and forth with it. I am a previous customer in good standing... so I'm not sure what to make of that. Perhaps there is a component of "how quickly can the job be completed for payment"? I.e. maybe some jobs are viewed as "fill in" or "paying the bills" while the remainder of the beltfed and other conversions get completed. All I know is what Mike said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is great to hear about conversion options. It seems as though anyone recommended here has been vetted. Hey @jbntex that is a very long wait time. I also heard that "August" timeframe that also seems very long for you.

So, if I were to send this to someone else, is that Bahnhof, Jeff W, or Ralph? Anyone else?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts