HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get registered FA MP5's or UMP's? I'm considering a Mac-10 with a $5k price tag (Only because of the low cost ans ease to acquire) but I'm willing to wait if I can get something in an Hk. Am I right to assume those of you that are buying these just buy a serialized NFA lower and going with a new brand assembly like from Dakota?

I apologize ahead of time, I really know nothing about how this works other than getting a trust and tax stamp. The state this applies to is Virginia if that matters.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your SOL on the UMP unless you are a SOT. On the MP5 you best bet would be a registered trigger box or a registered sear. The trigger pack or sear can be installed in anything from a MP5K to a HK21.

·
Registered
188 Posts
When it comes to HKs the upper is the firearm. It's just the opposite of an AR. The registered sear or box is considered a machine gun conversion device. You can move it from host to host. The HK sear will cost much more than a MAC10 but it will be much more versital. I had a M11/9. It was fun but it never left the safe after I bought a M16. If you have the money I would suggest going with a HK sear or a M16.

·
Registered
414 Posts
As per above u r sol on UMP. With Mp5 the registered part can be a receiver, sear or a box and a combination of the three.
This in my post back in a day got all u need to know on this
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/150513-mp5-mp5k-newb-sear-vs-rr-vs-box-helpppppppp.html

The prices are up from just a few month back by $2-3k

Is it possible to get registered FA MP5's or UMP's? I'm considering a Mac-10 with a $5k price tag (Only because of the low cost ans ease to acquire) but I'm willing to wait if I can get something in an Hk. Am I right to assume those of you that are buying these just buy a serialized NFA lower and going with a new brand assembly like from Dakota?

I apologize ahead of time, I really know nothing about how this works other than getting a trust and tax stamp. The state this applies to is Virginia if that matters.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The slow fired MAC is a good place to start as far as a subgun. But that is all that it will ever be. The market value of a HK sear I believe to be $12,000 to $15,000. A registered trigger box would be $2,000-$3,000 more. A cheap 9mm host gun should be < $1,500, but it might or might not run. A US receiver with a factory parts set custom build could be $2,000-$3,000. The same build using a HK 94 could cost $4,000-$5,000. While the HK sear would have much more calibers/host possibilities (think .22lr to 7.62X51 belt fed) the AR-15/M16 platform would have nearly the same options but change uppers ($500- $5,000) instead of complete roller locked hosts for ($1,200- $12,000+). There is a great article in the World Of HK The Complete Reference on the Legal NFA Conversion of HK Firearms that can give you details of what to look for. I personally sold most of my semi auto collection to buy my first machinegun (Colt M16 RR). Best collection decision I ever made. Good luck with your full auto entrance project.

Scott

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a M-16 and a HK sear and I would have to agree with Scott also. MAC's are good guns and they can be great SMG's with some parts from Lage or Practical Solutions, but they will not be in the same league as a MP5. If your heart is set on a HK, I'd save a bit longer and get what you really want. Besides its easier to come up with the funds for a MAC later on than it would be to fund a sear or trigger pack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts