HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got ants in my pants to SBR my 94 clone and I just can't wait.

While awaiting the arrival of my Form 1, would it be legal for me to remove the buttstock, thereby "making" it a pistol, and then go ahead and remove the fake suppressor? Then when the Form 1 arrives I could reattach a buttstock to it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
you can remove the buttstock because its removal does not make the firearm a pistol. it may have the appearance of a pistol, but legally, it is a rifle so even if you pretended-in-your-world-that-it-is-a-pistol, it would not withstand the legal litmus test. buy a can of RAID and spray it into your pants :) ....wait a few more weeks and do it legally.

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Raymond is correct as long as it has a 16" or longer barrel and the overall length is over 26" it is still a legal rifle, even if it has no shoulde stock.

You cannot make a pistol from a rifle, but you can make a rifle from a pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
If I am reading this right the user wants to remove the stock so he can remove the barrel exstention. And the answer is no, the paper work has to be completed before you shorten the barrel or remove exstenion etc. You can do what ever you want with the stock but the barrel and overall lenth is a no no until you get your form 1.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
This is assuming you have a 9" barrel with a fake suppressor permanatly attached.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it, thanks guys.

Sometimes, in my little world, things are easier than this for law-abiding citizens. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts