HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off just want to say glad to be a part of this community seems like lots of good friendly people with knowledge and love for HK firearms.

I am in the market for a new concealed carry gun. After much research I have decided to go with the HK45c or USP compact. I really like both guns but am favoring the HK45c at the moment but there is just something about the style and rich history of the USP that keeps drawing me to it. So I figured I'd get the hk45c then in the future maybe snag a USP. I've looked at both used and new, all in good condition but I figure go big or go home for my first HK and just go brand new.

I noticed when inspecting a new HK45c at the gun shop that the feed ramp looked like it had pitting or something but I don't know how this could be being a brand new premium firearm like a HK so I didn't pull the trigger and take it home with me that day, Its a German made which I want and if I order a different one I'm not sure I'd get another German I understand they both are identical in quality and build but if I have the choice why not get the German one.

in summary I guess my questions are has anyone ever ran into this?? The gun shop is not shady and have done business there many times, also would it be worth the extra money getting the tactical version or just buy a threaded barrel down the road if the need arises?

thanks for the help guys just need the extra reassurance before I make the purchase I look forward to owning my first HK.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Never heard of pitting on the barrel before. Could you possibly get pics? The tough part is that you never know what happens when the pistol leaves HK-USA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they were super busy at the shop when I was there so I didn't look at it for very long or ask about it much, just wondered if anyone had seen or heard of it before, gun looked flawless besides that. I will try and get a picture but wouldn't feel good about buying a $1000 dollar handgun and worrying about pitting out of the box. no one would, some of the used USPs .40 looked brand new and I checked the Date Code, one from 94' was pristine looking.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Could have been grease that got on the feed ramp, or just the light. Next time, see if you can take it apart, or just stick a finger in there and see if it wipes off.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I actually saw the pitting on the feed ramp like what the OP described, but it's on a US-made HK45C. It's easier to see when taking macro shots of the ramp. I'll try to find the pic.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hmmm.... I must say I've never heard of this from an HK but it sure is interesting. I'll look at mine and can take some pics, but I don't think there's any pitting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went back and upon further inspection I was able to rub over the marks with my finger after pushing real hard, it almost looks like metal flakes or something stuck to it but if you looked at it with your eyes it looked like the start of pitting. Sorry to scare you guys haha I was a little concerned about it as well. I'll be picking up my new German HK45c this weekend.

thanks for all the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts