HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to send off my HK45CT pretty soon for some trigger work, and I was wondering if anyone had work done by Gray Guns or Lazy Wolf that included the nickel PTFE internal coatings. Opinions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
44 Posts
while my vp9 was at lazy wolfs i had the nickel ptfe done he sent the parts out to robar at the time...i like the coating very smooth and slick, clean up is very easy carbon doesnt stick much to the nickel coating and after cleaning i can use less oil on the trigger parts i also got the extractor coated on the slide. if your sending it out get it done all at once that way when he pistols back your all ready to go

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
while my vp9 was at lazy wolfs i had the nickel ptfe done he sent the parts out to robar at the time...i like the coating very smooth and slick, clean up is very easy carbon doesnt stick much to the nickel coating and after cleaning i can use less oil on the trigger parts i also got the extractor coated on the slide. if your sending it out get it done all at once that way when he pistols back your all ready to go
Are there any other benefits? Is it mostly just to keep your internals clean and protect them from the elements?

·
Registered
77 Posts
It'll be smoother ... when you dry fire. It's amazing how much smoother and lighter a trigger is at the range facing a target compared to your basement facing a concrete wall.

Buy a punch set and the Grayguns SRS kit and maybe even grab a nickel plated sear spring. Does 95% of what your looking for at 1/4 the price. It's not hard to do yourself (starting is always the hardest part). There's lots of video and forum posts on how to go about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'd say there is a noticeable performance benefit in terms of the smoothness of the trigger. But think it could be debated if it was worth the money. Not saying I regret it, but if you are on a budget your money might be better spent on something else, like maybe a better optic if you are into optics. If budget isn't an issue, then by all means proceed :)

Full disclosure: I have a VP9, so I'm speaking from that experience.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, yall are gonna make me drop some serious cash :(. The perks of being single I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had 2 p30's an sk & an L model done at the same time by Grayguns very satisfied and was called by one of their techs to inform me
my sk the one I carry daily had some rust on the sear axle I believe from my sweat since I wear against my skin inside the belt holster
I have not had this issue since the coating a side benefit and good indication of a concerned staff caring enough to provide info above
and beyond just the fine work.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very noticeable difference in performance with the self-lubricating nickel-teflon - trigger will be lighter, faster, and smoother, and it will make you a better shooter.
And speaking from direct experience on HK USP's, let me be clear - there is no amount of dry-fire or break-in to make your pistol duplicate the operating characteristics of a trigger system with the nickel-teflon PTFE.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah looks like I'll be getting the reduced reset carry package from either Lazy wolf or GG then. Pretty excited. Even though I wont get to shoot for god knows how long. Corona please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buy a punch set and the Grayguns SRS kit and maybe even grab a nickel plated sear spring. Does 95% of what your looking for at 1/4 the price. It's not hard to do yourself (starting is always the hardest part). There's lots of video and forum posts on how to go about it.
This is really helpful. Thanks for the info. I have a P2000 that I’m looking to make into a carry gun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it's definitely worth it as it smoothes out the action overall which results in tighter groupings.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's definitely worth it as it smoothes out the action overall which results in tighter groupings.
Yeah I decided on getting either LWG or GG to do their stuff that includes the nickel plating. I just don't know if I want to drop a hundred bones more on the LWG. From what I understand, LWG is the premier guy, but you're splitting hairs between them and GG. I don't know if that upgrade is even worth it at that price. I'm not a competition shooter by any means, nor do I care too too much for the difference in groupings (if there would even be one) between the LWG and the GG. I just love my 45ct and hate the trigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts