HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on quality Night Sights for my P30. I believe Meprolight is what HK can/will install on an order from the factory. I've also heard good things about Trijicon...but they are notably more expense than Meprolight. The cost of Trijicon isn't necessarily an issue...just wondering if they are worth the add'l $$. Any thoughts or other recommendations?

Also, how simple is it to replace the sights?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Meps are the easiest to install, other brands can require lots of pre-fitting. Quality is about the same with the good brand names. Get the Meps unless another offers a sight profile that works for you.

Bill

·
Registered
67 Posts
i currently run the xs standard dots on my p30 and really like them. if i was going with the 3 dot style i would go with meps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I personally didn't care for the rear profile of the Meps, so I passed. Wasn't as streamlined. Used Trijicon HK10Y. Front green with yellow rears. Faster pickup, and no which dot is the front in stressfull situations. All my Trijs didn't require any fitting. YMMV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally didn't care for the rear profile of the Meps, so I passed. Wasn't as streamlined. Used Trijicon HK10Y. Front green with yellow rears. Faster pickup, and no which dot is the front in stressfull situations. All my Trijs didn't require any fitting. YMMV
How difficult is it to swap the sights?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did it the old fashion way......you need a solid table vice, wood chocks/leather (something that will not mar the slide). Do not over tighten. A FLAT faced brass punch, and hammer. Bigger the hammer, easier the removal/install. When viewing the slide from the rear to the front.....remove sights to the right (out away from slide). Think of a case ejecting out after firing. Install sights from the right NOT THE LEFT. Don't use a steel punch, it will mar the sight. Hammer the sight base within the dove tail. Do not hit the front sight blade. Same for the rear. Stay within the dovetail area. Tritium vials are sensative.

Sight pusher works even better. You can also mark the edges of the old sight bases with a mechanical pencil with 0.5 or 0.7mm lead. This will make centering easier. It's not difficult, but if you don't want the hassel, some shops will install them if you buy thru them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts