HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in purchasing a P2000 SK, and I noticed one listed with night sights. Are night sights a factory option, and if so, are they tritium or 'paint' style sights?

Thanks,

-john

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The P2000 comes with night sights standard, it is not an option. They are tritium Tru-Glo sights.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The newer issue HKs that everyone is waiting for have adverstised the luminous glow dots that aren't tritium and require a light source to get their glow. They are like glow in the dark sight paint. Also the upgrade charge you should see will be between $60 and maybe $90 at the high end for a weapon with installed night sights versus one that has stock white dots.

Meprolight sights are the best available in my opinion, they get my dollars, now and for the forseeable future. At last count I have 6 sets (3 installed on HK weapons), most are yellow rear and green front.

G

·
I'm interested in purchasing a P2000 SK, and I noticed one listed with night sights. Are night sights a factory option, and if so, are they tritium or 'paint' style sights?

Thanks,

-john
John,
I just bought a P2000 SK from a local dealer. I wanted the night sites. they told me I couldnt get it like that from the factory but they would order them and put them on. So that is what I did. For an additional $95 got the night sites and them installed by the dealer.
They are nice. But really the bright white original sites are easier (IMO) to site with in the day than the night sites.
Also just got the X-2 laser site! Very cool!
tom

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
This is strange because HK's details of the P2000 listed on their website says night sights are optional, but all I have ever seen is ones with night sights. I assumed night sights were standard on all P2k's, so I stand corrected.

In any case, I would opt for the the night sights over the standard ones. You will want them later on so I feel it's better to buy them already installed from the factory. This way you know they are aligned properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a pair of P2000's, and wanted factory night sights but none of the distributers were able to get them. I just purchased a couple of Meps and changed them out myself.

G

·
This is strange because HK's details of the P2000 listed on their website says night sights are optional, but all I have ever seen is ones with night sights. I assumed night sights were standard on all P2k's, so I stand corrected.

In any case, I would opt for the the night sights over the standard ones. You will want them later on so I feel it's better to buy them already installed from the factory. This way you know they are aligned properly.
That's what I thought so too as all the P2000's that I found in my area have them installed.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The P2000 comes with night sights standard, it is not an option. They are tritium Tru-Glo sights.
Not true...

A lot of P2000s you see around are former LE packages. The way I understand it, HK-Germany sends a certain number of LE packages to HK-USA to distribute to the distributors. And a lot of those packages (typically NS, and 3 hi-cap mags) that don't get sold to LE trickle down to the civilians. So a lot of P2000s come with night sights. But a lot of them also don't...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the night sights are only from LE packages? Is there any way for a normal dealer to order them? I guess what I'm thinking is local dealers are just going to tell me that can't order them as an option?

-john

1 - 17 of 17 Posts