HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I talked to Mark about this a few weeks ago..

We thought a planned drive to some outdoor range in PA would be a cool thing to do one day on an upcoming weekend.. I'd imagine a Sunday.. figure the money we would spend on range time, put it towards gas and we'll have more fun haha

i know of one range, about an hour away... but any ideas are welcome.

so whats up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rte 15 straight up to Pennsy, take a right and head up Rte 6? About 5 or 10 miles from lake walanpawpac is an outdoor range. There is also a breakfast joint on the way up on the left as soon as you get out of the little town, and a pizza joint on the way back on the right that serves cold beer. NO M.G's unmonitored, there are 2 gun shops on the way up one right as you enter pennsy and one up the road a bit.

Its been a while but you can shoot clay birds to the left, there is a 100 yard range, a 50 and a short pistol range.

Its a full day

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rte 15 straight up to Pennsy, take a right and head up Rte 6? About 5 or 10 miles from lake walanpawpac is an outdoor range. There is also a breakfast joint on the way up on the left as soon as you get out of the little town, and a pizza joint on the way back on the right that serves cold beer. NO M.G's unmonitored, there are 2 gun shops on the way up one right as you enter pennsy and one up the road a bit.

Its been a while but you can shoot clay birds to the left, there is a 100 yard range, a 50 and a short pistol range.

Its a full day
MG's?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Machine guns.

I am down for a shoot. We just need to find a good place and set a date. Maybe wait a little bit so it won't be so damn cold out :D.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I'd be down. Classic Pistol is indoors 100 yards, but lets you shoot anything, and I really mean everything. I've shot thomson sub machine guns, M16A2, AK47, SAW, and the MP5sd. Only problem is that you piss away your ammo in seconds. LOL

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe some time in january? i have off from school now til almost feb thats why

we gotta rough it out mark haha... we'll just have another excuse to have another shoot in spring

..figured outside would be prefered..thats why im saying PA, since NJ doesnt have any outdoor ranges... No fee's. No RO's. etc

·
Registered
648 Posts
You can count me in too. Sounds like fun.

Seems you're getting just as much interest from people in NY as you are from people in NJ lol

Make it a couple of weeks out though, so I'll hopefully have my Elite by then :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
ooooo nice pickup Javic! Very interested in seeing that beauty! I should be going for my next pistol sometime late January. Still haven't full decided as to what, but it will be an HK for sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so any ideas on a date? and then make plans from there? im thinking january 6th?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Count Me In!!!

I am up for this. Don't know Pennsy at all! Capone, are you the coordinator?

Cheers,
Kevin

I talked to Mark about this a few weeks ago..

We thought a planned drive to some outdoor range in PA would be a cool thing to do one day on an upcoming weekend.. I'd imagine a Sunday.. figure the money we would spend on range time, put it towards gas and we'll have more fun haha

i know of one range, about an hour away... but any ideas are welcome.

so whats up?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am up for this. Don't know Pennsy at all! Capone, are you the coordinator?

Cheers,
Kevin
trying to be.. only a few problems...

for 1, havent found a range yet near the pa border... idk if anyone has any info on how to help me find one...

and 2, not many have showed much interest except for stating they are interested lol.... i need some help guys haha

i've met mark71 once... and my friend just got his permit and a new p30 yesterday.... so we got 3 people that are down to shoot! :470:

·
Registered
193 Posts
trying to be.. only a few problems...

for 1, havent found a range yet near the pa border... idk if anyone has any info on how to help me find one...

and 2, not many have showed much interest except for stating they are interested lol.... i need some help guys haha

i've met mark71 once... and my friend just got his permit and a new p30 yesterday.... so we got 3 people that are down to shoot! :470:
I've tried doing this awhile back. Jersey folks always seen to busy to organise. Most of you are up north. I'd host something down my place(I've got the land). But I doubt many if any would drive down to exit 52. And I sure as shiite aint driveing To Cherry Ridge.

EDIT- Welcome abord Kevin.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'd host something down my place(I've got the land). But I doubt many if any would drive down to exit 52.
As long as I am not working the night before, I have no problem coming down. Just let me know when. I'll bring the beer.
:100000:

·
Registered
193 Posts
As long as I am not working the night before, I have no problem coming down. Just let me know when. I'll bring the beer.
:100000:
Well my business is slow this time of year. Which means no funds to work on the house. The chainsaw is payed for so......I guess I'll start on the range. Sundays would be best for awhile as hunting season is still up. I can't/wont pissoff the natives with endless gunfire during deer time. Good folk, wanna keep'em on my side.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well my business is slow this time of year. Which means no funds to work on the house. The chainsaw is payed for so......I guess I'll start on the range. Sundays would be best for awhile as hunting season is still up. I can't/wont pissoff the natives with endless gunfire during deer time. Good folk, wanna keep'em on my side.
Sounds good. I will be giving you a call soon to set something up.
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont count me out guys!! tsk tsk mark :150000:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'd be happy to help, but as I live in NY I don't really know about any of the ranges in NJ.

I also wouldn't have a problem driving down. It's only a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive for me to get to Delaware, and going for a drive with some good tunes is like therapy for me.

I'd just have to look into whether there'd be any issues with me transporting my guns into NJ. Anyone have any previous experience with this?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts