HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed I couldn't find any relevant threads. But I just received my new Vp9 and there is no date code anywhere on the pistol or on the case. I am under the impression that it is the new 2020 model but can't really be certain if it is. Doesn't really matter to me but I thought all hk pistols had date codes. Anyone clear this up for me?

·
Registered
333 Posts
The whole 2020 VP9 series has had a few marking “variants”. Some only have a HK/P shield proof mark on the Barrel & DE spaced from the serial # on the slide. Some have DE & CIP/N on the barrels with the DE on the slide next to the serial #. The latest VP9L kit has the DE CIP/N barrel, serial # DE CIP/N CA Stag horn slide. The earlier 2020’s had the same markings as the 2019(BK), CIP/N barrel, CIP/N frame, serial # CIP/N CA stag horn DE on the slide. I’ve seen a few with the larger, serrated charging supports too. Some of B models have the roll mark B & some don’t.
There might be others. I just picked up a P30LS that has CIP/N, CA, Stag horn under the trigger guard. DE CIP/N barrel. Serial #, no space DE, CIP/N on the slide. The serial #/import mark plate on the frame is black.

Reactions: tenclip

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes check the trigger guard
None of my 2020 VP9’s have it on the trigger guard. Do you know what serial # range that started? I’m trying to keep track of the variants.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing on trigger guard. Interestingly though my '20 p30sk does have a date code on the trigger guard. Seems like there isn't any standard across the line up any more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fwiw i just disassembled the slide and there still isn't a date code to be found. again, not a big deal just find it interested they seem to be deviating from date codes.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
OP did not make much effort to search- there’s a thread here:

There are two variations of 2020 VP pistols, and they are intermittent in SN sequence.

Proofed in Germany pistols show the Ulm proof mark, CIP Nitro mark, serial number and DE country code on the slide right side. The locking block has the serial number and CIP-N markings. The lowers have the CIP-N laser marked on the left side and serial number in the SN strip under the dust cover, and no date codes or other markings.

On VP pistols proofed in Columbus, you have the HK in-house proof mark and SN on the locking block, and DE country code and SN on the slide, with no date code or other markings. The lower does not have a CIP-N mark but of course has the SN on the steel strip under the dust cover.

VP lowers made in the past couple of years generally do not have any date codes.

P30 pistols have a variety of markings starting in 2020 documented in another thread. All P30 lowers have a date code molded inside the frame, which may or may not agree with the date code on the slide.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP did not make much effort to search- there’s a thread here:

There are two variations of 2020 VP pistols, and they are intermittent in SN sequence.

Proofed in Germany pistols show the Ulm proof mark, CIP Nitro mark, serial number and DE country code on the slide right side. The locking block has the serial number and CIP-N markings. The lowers have the CIP-N laser marked on the left side and serial number in the SN strip under the dust cover, and no date codes or other markings.

On VP pistols proofed in Columbus, you have the HK in-house proof mark and SN on the locking block, and DE country code and SN on the slide, with no date code or other markings. The lower does not have a CIP-N mark but of course has the SN on the steel strip under the dust cover.

VP lowers made in the past couple of years generally do not have any date codes.

P30 pistols have a variety of markings starting in 2020 documented in another thread. All P30 lowers have a date code molded inside the frame, which may or may not agree with the date code on the slide.
Hello replier. Thank you for the information, this is exactly what I needed to know! As far as me making little effort to search, I can assure you I typed in every key word regarding this topic and that post you referenced did not come up . Most topics were years old and irrelevant. As such, and with some hesitation on my part- because I know I can't be the only person with this same question , I decided to trumpet ahead and post this topic seeking relevant information.

Perhaps it was my lack of correct "key words" or perhaps the search function isn't the greatest/wasn't proving the most relevant topics during the space and time I was seeking. Regardless, thank you again for the information and I hope the little effort you provided to cut and paste said information didn't spoil your Sunday. Good day to you my fellow keyboard warrior!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Hello replier. Thank you for the information, this is exactly what I needed to know! As far as me making little effort to search, I can assure you I typed in every key word regarding this topic and that post you referenced did not come up . Most topics were years old and irrelevant. As such, and with some hesitation on my part- because I know I can't be the only person with this same question , I decided to trumpet ahead and post this topic seeking relevant information.

Perhaps it was my lack of correct "key words" or perhaps the search function isn't the greatest/wasn't proving the most relevant topics during the space and time I was seeking. Regardless, thank you again for the information and I hope the little effort you provided to cut and paste said information didn't spoil your Sunday. Good day to you my fellow keyboard warrior!
I did not “cut and paste” anything. I wrote the information based on personal experience.

I also found the other thread using only the words “vp date codes”.

Your passive aggressive comment does not reflect well on you, sir. Welcome to my ignore list, going forward.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not “cut and paste” anything. I wrote the information based on personal experience.

I also found the other thread using only the words “vp date codes”.

Your passive aggressive comment does not reflect well on you, sir. Welcome to my ignore list, going forward.
Please sir I beg you do not ignore me! I promise to never post a low effort thread again. I can't handle rejection from people on the internet. I hope we can be e-friends. I'm very impressed with your typing skills. I only said you copied and pasted because of the lengthy url you referenced. I don't know anyone who types URLs out. I'm sorry for underestimating you. I hope I didn't offend anyone else who reads this. I only want to reflect positively to strangers. And I appreciate your diagnosis. Passive aggression is what they call it? I knew there was something wrong with me. Sorry again friend. I'll do better next time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts