HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have P7s both with date codes and with numerical dates, but I also have one with no date. It's my understanding that all P7s had dates, so what's the deal with this one? It's a police trade-ins from CDNN. The slide has the serial number, then an eagle(?) proof in a box, then Nds in a circle (I presume for Niedersachsen). The frame has only the SN and the boxed proof. I've seen another P7 photo in a refinishing thread on another site, and other than SN it's marked (or unmarked, as the case may be) identically to mine. Any info?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have P7s both with date codes and with numerical dates, but I also have one with no date. It's my understanding that all P7s had dates, so what's the deal with this one? It's a police trade-ins from CDNN. The slide has the serial number, then an eagle(?) proof in a box, then Nds in a circle (I presume for Niedersachsen). The frame has only the SN and the boxed proof. I've seen another P7 photo in a refinishing thread on another site, and other than SN it's marked (or unmarked, as the case may be) identically to mine. Any info?
I suspect you saw my P7. Mine is a HK USA import that I bought used in around 1992. I've never been able to find information about why it has no date code!

·
1,242 Posts
Some of the German police/military guns never had dates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well then, is there any way to guesstimate production dates from serial numbers? I've not found any kind of chart for HKs relating serial numbers to dates of manufacture, as can frequently be found with other companies. This one is 16xxx, which is the lowest of any of mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up a similar "no-date" P7. PW Arms import mark, and a "mod. p7" stamp, which looks like it's from PW. Serial number (all three locations - frame, slide, and box) is 77xxx, proof marks, "Bw" stamp on right side of slide. There are some blurry areas where something may have been milled off, but it doesn't really look like it. Two other interesting tidbits - the rollmark on the left of the slide says "made in w. germany", not just "made in germany", and both magazines are stamped "IH".

My guess is that based on the "Bw" it's a Bundeswehr military police pistol, and that maybe the magazines were made in 1987, and thus maybe the gun was also made in 1987, if magazine codes bear any relation to frame codes (which, I understand, they don't always, if ever.)

In any case, I finally have a P7, and if I never figure out exactly when it was made or who had it, I don't really care - but it would be interesting to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts