HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eh, not much of a state..

But I live here.. for now. Couple of good ranges, but I usually go to a friend's farm for the afternoon. Get a lot of looks at the local state range with the SL8 and a handful of handguns. Generally a pretty good bunch at the range, Omalanden off Rt 9 is a bargain for $3 a half hour.

Hope to here from others.. always up for company at the farm..

N

·
0 Posts
I live right near the border. I'm on the PA side though ;-). I like target master right there on 202. It's about 15 bucks for a lane but I just suck it up and pay for a yearly. This time of year who wants to sit outside in 40 degree weather when you can go to a nice indoor range and blow 200 rounds. It's basically a handgun range though. Only 25 yards. You can shoot anything there though. Full auto is fine, they also rent full auto. They don't seem to have any problem with rifles but I think there is a 2300 or 2400 fps cap on rifles. So nothing insane but I don't know what the point would be. Why would you show up with a .308 at 25 yards when you could hit targets at 400 yards?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm on my way up to targetmaster right now. It's decent, though it's getting a bit crowded on the weekends. Bought my HK45 from them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
J D Defense west on route 9, outside Georgetown has a 100-yard range, along with two pistol ranges.

my favorite range, in part due to the fact its about the only public range in DE that allows rifles, and AP ammo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone from Northern Delaware been to the Delaware State Pistol Club? I was just curious if it was a decent place to go - crowded, etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, not many DE guys here...Are you guys still around? I noticed this thread is pretty old. I've got a USP 40 but I am going to sell it and move up to a 45 or get a P30

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just moved to DE. Any updates? Ranges near Dover? HK shooters? Fal shooters?? M14 shooters???
all of the above.

only range near Dover is Shooters Choice that only goes up to 25 yards and you won't be able to fire a 308 there. only ranges in the state (that i know of) where you can shoot 308 are Bridgeville Gun Club (500 yards, maybe now 1000?), J D Defense (100 yards) and Brandywine Rod and Gun Club, near Middletown (200 yards).

Ommelanden will allow it but they are only about 25 yards and you are likely to receive some attention. imo all of the attention i have received at Ommelanden, especially with EBR's, has been negative attention.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i believe you can shoot .308 at Omalanden which is a state range located on rt 9 just south of Dobbensville (new castle area). Its an all outdoor range and they have a rifle range, handgun range, skeet and trap range, archery. but they have an odd schedule.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I plan to join Target Master in PA. It is about a 25 min drive away. I live in the Bear area and there isn't much around for shooters. The pistol club is too much of a pain to join. Shooters Choice, near Cheswold, is nice but farther than Target master. I been to JD Defense near Georgetown. He has a nice outdoor range ( though messy).

Brandywine Rod and Gun Club is costly. 750 in the 1st year.

Additional requirements for new membership are:

* An application approved by the Board of Directors

* Payment of a $500 initiation fee and $250 annual dues.

* Completion of a Civilian Marksmanship Program Eligibility Affidavit and Liability Agreement

* Satisfactory completion of the club Safety Orientation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts