HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 40 & a 45 Custom Combat and I noticed that they don't have loaded chamber indicators. It seems weird because every other USP I have has one except the SOCOM. Is this right and why?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
No, not right. None of the standard full size have the LCI. The Tactical, Expert, and Elite DO have the LCI but not any of the standard full sizes or the guns based on the standard full size.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I guess that I didn't notice because I have an EXPERT, a TACTICAL, a SOCOM, a Compact .45, 4 ELITES, 2 MATCHES, & the 2 COMBATS. I don't know about the MATCHES because I've never loaded either one. It suprises me that they don't come on the full sizes but they do on they COMPACTS. Do the newer SOCOMS have them?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
So far as I know there have been no changes in the Mark 23 regarding the LCI.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I guess I never noticed the standard USPF didn't have LCI. I could hide behind the excuse that I don't have one anymore but that would be just a excuse. Oh well, learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know the USPf doesn't have a loaded chamber indicator, but I don't care. Truth is, I don't really like them and much prefer to press-check the gun everytime I pick it up. Old habits die hard, I guess.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Some pistols I own have them, most don't. I check my carry piece every morning out of habit loaded chamber indicator, or not. I also drop the mag as well and slide it back home. Not a big issue in my book. Nice if it's there and no big deal if it's not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts