HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried 3 different suppressors yesterday at the Silencer meet and none of them seem to do the trick..............some suggested another locking lug as a solution.

Does anyone have a quiet solution on this weapon system ?

Derek
[email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suppressors used- TROS (mine) AAC Ranger and Surefire.

Ammo - Lake City 55gr.and some IMI Green tip.

One Suppressor maker in Idaho suggested changing the locking lug.......any suggestion on that..........I think I have a #15 in there now.

Derek.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Derek

It's too bad that you weren't able to try AAC's M4 2000 can on your 53. I think you would have been impressed.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would try a locking piece from a standard 33/93 just to see what happens.
When you add a suppressor it adds back pressure like a longer barrel does.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,654 Posts
There are an awful lot of factors that will lead to "success". And as many that will lead to failure. First, you need to define what success is in your book. Yes, the locking piece can play a big role. But what are your expectations?

·
Registered
200 Posts
In my experience with the H&K 53: it isn't a good gun to suppress unless you have can that is 15" long and unwieldy. All the modern cans are too small and will not quiet it enough to be considered "Ear safe", 138dB or less.
The ammo is too blasty and the barrels too short.
Subsonic ammo hand cycled with be the best, but not considered safe for the weapon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am guessing your barrel is threaded 1/2"-28 since i would doubt there would have been all three of those present threaded M15x1?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, what STG77 said. I rarely shoot my '53 for all the reasons mentioned. I have used a HUGE B&T can to make it quieter but it still isn't really quiet. For all the inherent '53 reasons, the short SIG552 and M16 Commandos are quieter and more pleasant. I keep kicking myself for not buying a '33K instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I use AWC Thundertrap on my HK53. Don't know how it will measure but I can shoot it without hearing protection. I can still hear the sonic crack. Full auto will heat it up real fast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys.

I will look into the quiet can HK53 and see where I can find one to sample, too bad there were few HK pieces in .223 and .308 at the silencer shoot last weekend here in Ga.

I had TROS make me a adapter that threaded onto the 53 and threaded to 1/2-28 for most .223 cans otherwise there are few off the shelf cans that would have worked including my TROS can.

TROS basically has advised me that the 53 is one of those platforms that will not suppress well.

Derek.

·
Registered
179 Posts
cans

Since you are in GA or close to it....you might try www.libertycans.net

David is the man. The site may not the the prettiest but his cans are sweet. He is a real good guy and personal friend. My MP5/can is the one on the front page.

YMMV

HK_MTBR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts