HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the range this weekend, and I almost forgot to give everyone an update.
Ran a couple hundred through my USPc and something similar through my P30L.
I was shooting mostly UMC 115gr yellowbox, and some Federal 115gr walmart stuff.

I've been reading a bunch of hubbub recently about people experiencing failures when shooting a chambered round without a mag in the pistol.
Apparently various pistols are notorious for not being able to extract in this condition.
I ran about 30 rounds one by one through the USPc (taking out the mag before each shot), and I had ZERO problems ejecting.
I even tried limpwristing, and nothing changed.
Same case for the P30L.

Sorry for the boring thread, but thought I'd let you guys know.
Any of you guys have issues performing this test, with your HK's or other guns?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
What kind of failures were people having exactly? If you did have to do this a "combat/tactical/shtf/wtfomgbbq" situation, the slide wouldn't lock back anyway. So you'd have to seat the new magazine and rack the slide and I can't see a FTE really being a problem. I'd be surprised if a FTF would occur. Just curious.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Youtube it. FTE specifically.
Granted this test is pretty stupid and says nothing, but it's just something neat to try out.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I think this is just more spill over from the Glock extraction issues "some" people have been having.

Glad you're pistol is working well.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Thanks for sharing and definitely doesn't hurt to try this on your pistols especially your EDC pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
This is not some b.s. stunt that has any sort of tactical value. If people look at it that way, they lack an understanding. This is part of a means to test extractor function and proper function of a semi auto pistol. It is part of a very extensive test that is used by the 10-8 guys to test all facets of function in a 1911. In the case of Glock pistols, they have always had an issue with being fairly weak in the extraction and ejection phase in the cycle of operation. Most have difficulty extracting rounds without a magazine, and it is common for the casing to dump through the mag well.

Recent Glock 9mm pistols are having some HORRENDOUS extraction and ejection issues. I have a particularly bad FDE Gen 3 G-19. It has an extraction pattern that looks like a lawn sprinkler, with many hitting you in the face and head. The problem is that they changed to a MIM extractor and I also believe that there are issues with the ejector, and possibly slides that are out of spec. Add all this up, and you get horrible extraction and ejection issues. Remove a magazine and fire rounds without a mag in place and it is amazing how many different kinds of malfunctions you can get. Randy Lee from APEX is working on a fix, and my gun is in the Beta testing program. It is a serious issue, and Glock ignoring it has caused a lot of negative feelings to the company from previously loyal end users..............including this one. How they took one of the most reliable 9mm platforms on the planet and turned it into a turd is beyond me. I thought what was done to Kimber and SIG was bad......this is in the same category.

It is due to this situation that I started running P30's. My P30L in an uncleaned and unlubed condition (during break in I run the first 1000-1500 rounds dry and without cleaning) ran 45 rounds without a single issue with positive extraction and consistent ejection as the last test prior to me cleaning and lubing it and working it into my carry rotation with a P30. I'll be running the "L" as my primary tactical pistol with an X300. Again, this is part of a test of the cycle of operation and not a TTP or anything of training value.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
This is not some b.s. stunt that has any sort of tactical value. If people look at it that way, they lack an understanding. This is part of a means to test extractor function and proper function of a semi auto pistol. It is part of a very extensive test that is used by the 10-8 guys to test all facets of function in a 1911. In the case of Glock pistols, they have always had an issue with being fairly weak in the extraction and ejection phase in the cycle of operation. Most have difficulty extracting rounds without a magazine, and it is common for the casing to dump through the mag well.

Recent Glock 9mm pistols are having some HORRENDOUS extraction and ejection issues. I have a particularly bad FDE Gen 3 G-19. It has an extraction pattern that looks like a lawn sprinkler, with many hitting you in the face and head. The problem is that they changed to a MIM extractor and I also believe that there are issues with the ejector, and possibly slides that are out of spec. Add all this up, and you get horrible extraction and ejection issues. Remove a magazine and fire rounds without a mag in place and it is amazing how many different kinds of malfunctions you can get. Randy Lee from APEX is working on a fix, and my gun is in the Beta testing program. It is a serious issue, and Glock ignoring it has caused a lot of negative feelings to the company from previously loyal end users..............including this one. How they took one of the most reliable 9mm platforms on the planet and turned it into a turd is beyond me. I thought what was done to Kimber and SIG was bad......this is in the same category.

It is due to this situation that I started running P30's. My P30L in an uncleaned and unlubed condition (during break in I run the first 1000-1500 rounds dry and without cleaning) ran 45 rounds without a single issue with positive extraction and consistent ejection as the last test prior to me cleaning and lubing it and working it into my carry rotation with a P30. I'll be running the "L" as my primary tactical pistol with an X300. Again, this is part of a test of the cycle of operation and not a TTP or anything of training value.
Absolutely 100% agree. My comment on the "test" being spill over is that most folks did not know of this technique until the Glock issues came to be. And now you have a bunch of yahoos on you tube and other forums doing it and complaining about their guns in videos where they don't even have a proper grip on their pistol, lol. There are real issues with the new crop of Glocks which you have already explained, but there are also some real idiots out there who's issues are not related to the pistol they are shooting, they need to work on technique and ammo selection first.

What I found amusing is when folks on another forum accused TG of limp wristing when he was having Glock issues because he had a low post count. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts