HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While no dought it's my favorite semi, and even love it more than some of my mg's, i'm seeing lots of posts with guys who seem to perfer their MM23ek's, i'm just wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing one of Mikes 23e's instead of one of his 23ek's?

Ya, I know, go buy one of his 23ek's.
I'm still saving up for his .308 conversion kits.

I have a Stemple MG, a TEC 9 MG, a MAC 10 .45 and a M-11 all 4 MG's just collecting dust. Like to keep my Colt M-16A1, pre 86' Mp5SD, my select fire AK and both HK sears.

Tell me what I should do!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I've got 3000 rounds thru the gun, runs 110%
5000 M-27 links
And more than enough ammo :)
Looks like enough ammo for a nice day shooting, In he old days use to take 10K 30 cal and 5K 50 for a day trip to KCR, but 30 call ammo was the same as 223 now days.

My unofficial notes and shooting friends show the M23e:
- Has a tripod socket mounting point, the K does not (both work on tripods using the bipod slots).
- Uses both light and heavy 223 barrel and full diameter 308 barrels, the K uses only the light weight barrel
- Standard with 1200 meter sights, the K comes with the drum sight (upgrade to 1200 meter sight).
- Full length bipod folds from the front position, there is a "K" length bipod option on the MM23eK that folds tight.
- Can change barrels with out lifting the carry handle (I think), on the "K" your lift the carry handle with swapping (second nature to reach across now).

The MM23eK:
- Costs $2,000 more plus or minus depending on options (i.e. K bipod, rear sight etc.)
- Does 99.9% of everything the MM23e does (see above), while being easier to shoot off hand (still is not as light as my MM53 ;-)
- At least on new guns you need to change locking pieces between the full length and short barrels.
- Is cooler than the MM23e ;-)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got 3000 rounds thru the gun, runs 110%

5000 M-27 links

And more than enough ammo :)

WHEN, not IF the zombie apocalypse starts I'm heading to your place. LoL

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
i'm just wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing one of Mikes 23e's instead of one of his 23ek's? Tell me what I should do!
Sell me that 23e for what you have in it because I'm a nice guy and through no fault of my own missed the $4500 boat, (ok... I'll pay a bit more) and go buy what you really want.

hey... you asked... :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
WHEN, not IF the zombie apocalypse starts I'm heading to your place. LoL
Lol, not. Most guys stack it deep and high to keep others out and off their stuff. You might pick on an old folks home or something... might be a bit easier... certainly safer, although you might get your foot run over by a feisty codger in a wheelchair thinkin' you might want to bogart his Tivo remote.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Sell me that 23e for what you have in it because I'm a nice guy and through no fault of my own missed the $4500 boat, (ok... I'll pay a bit more) and go buy what you really want.

hey... you asked... :biggrin:
I also missed the $4500 boat as was going to send in the check but at the last moment went just with the Shrike (also let a lot of Nasdaq in the 401K before the dot com crash ... opps).

My recommendation is since he wishes a 308 kit, just order the MM21eK and swap the parts back and forth as need ... does cost a little more though.

Lol, not. Most guys stack it deep and high to keep others out and off their stuff. You might pick on an old folks home or something... might be a bit easier... certainly safer, although you might get your foot run over by a feisty codger in a wheelchair thinkin' you might want to bogart his Tivo remote.
Good point others don't realize, if you are not invited then you are part of the looters and may receive the standard "repel boarders greeting" .......

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Make me a good deal on it and buy yourself a K :29:
Realize that you are following up on the other posts, but does make a nice lead into "what does a low round count (i.e. still on first barrel) MM23e sell for on the used market" discussion. Noticed have a lot of data points for used Shrikes and not very many for used MM23e's (the guy that purchased my Shrike had just sold his NIB MM23e as his only range was 25 yards indoors .... later the Shrike appeared for sale in the same condition as he decided 223, inside and belt fed was probably not worth the effort).

If one takes a nominal 85% of the $12K then one gets $10.2, which tends to indicate one might ask for $9995 for a nice MM23e, possible less the barrel wear. Of course we would all like to buy for 85% for the $4500 ... but $3825 might, shall we say be a little low ...... ;-).

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I had to ask..... I actually want a k myself. The beltfed in a small package is just pure badass!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I had to ask..... I actually want a k myself. The beltfed in a small package is just pure badass!
Don't disagree, I am just trying to decide between a 308 Kit for the K or getting another MM21e .... at the moment have access to a friends MM23e that I can borrow check out and shoot with my K. Since we don't have a a joint LLC (yet), have to use my own sears.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Took my MM23e out today with a friend who helped me frame my roof over my porch 3 years ago and told him I would pay him back with 5-100 round belts thru my "one day i'll get an HK23e or MM23e" for payment. Soooo I cased the MM23e and my Colt M-16A1. We shot 1000 rounds in both semi and in full. Sure made his morning and mine. When we were out of loaded belts we started shooting the M-16. Boy did that suck! 30 rounds sucks! After a few mags we said fcuk it lets hand load the links. Then went to shoot the Glock 19... just shook my head. Now i'm thinking do I sell my Colt and get the .308 conversion and tons of spares?

Ya, it's this bad,

Total rounds 4000 thru barrel
Zero malfunctions

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a K version and I love it. But the K won't work on a ground mount. Now I "need" a full sized receiver.

MG prices are high now and it may just be a bubble. It may be a good time to unload some unloved guns. I sold my M11/9 earlier this year with no regrets. If it's been over a year since they have been out of the safe, chances are you won't miss them much.

The .308 kit is bad ass. It's smooth shooting with very mild recoil. A .308 kit would be a supper cheap way for you to have a .308 belt feed machine gun.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I have a K version and I love it. But the K won't work on a ground mount. Now I "need" a full sized receiver.
MG prices are high now and it may just be a bubble. It may be a good time to unload some unloved guns. I sold my M11/9 earlier this year with no regrets. If it's been over a year since they have been out of the safe, chances are you won't miss them much.
The .308 kit is bad ass. It's smooth shooting with very mild recoil. A .308 kit would be a supper cheap way for you to have a .308 belt feed machine gun.
While no dought it's my favorite semi, and even love it more than some of my mg's, i'm seeing lots of posts with guys who seem to perfer their MM23ek's, i'm just wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing one of Mikes 23e's instead of one of his 23ek's?
Ya, I know, go buy one of his 23ek's.
I'm still saving up for his .308 conversion kits.
I have a Stemple MG, a TEC 9 MG, a MAC 10 .45 and a M-11 all 4 MG's just collecting dust. Like to keep my Colt M-16A1, pre 86' Mp5SD, my select fire AK and both HK sears.
Tell me what I should do!
Like JohnS said (JohnS and I have talked in the past ;-) the ideal option is having both the "K" and the full size receivers, in particular since you have two sears. Got the idea from Skip who has both and was the finial person to push me over the edge on getting the K. A couple of his postings on the K and 308 kit just for reference.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/147544-mm23ek-100-rd-burst-standing-unsuppoerted.html
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/147542-mm21e-7-62-conversion-23e-after-34-000-rounds.html

If you sold off three of the four "dusty" subguns (i.e. TEC 9 MG, M-11, Stemple MG and MAC 10/45) then should have enough for the "K" model. With you having the MP5SD was thinking of keeping either one of the MACs (I like the MAC 10/45 but sold mine last year to a friend as was gathering dust) for a small subgun or the Stemple if you like it in 45 ACP better ... or sell all four and get a clone SP89 and/or 53 ;-).

While you are doing this, one could order a 21eK plus one of the short 223 K barrel and locking piece. Then you can swap the feed box and bolt between the full size and K size gun in either caliber.

Would also order a MG3 ground mount and an adapter from Mike.

Note that either the K or full size will work on the AA tripods with a bipod adapter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts