HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - just traded a G19 for a (AI) P30 :)

Only one concern, the rattle. I dont care about the release but the frame/slide fit is sloppy in the front. You can shake it and hear the slide shake a bit side to side in the front. You can also obviously push it back and forth with your fingers. I'm not one to worry if it doesn't affect function.

So The question is...does it? Send it back to HK or leave it alone? TIA!

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Normal. My HK45c's, P30's, and PPQ are loose. I never noticed mine until I started running a PPQ hard which made me compare to my HK's.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks for the response. I'm almost ashamed to ask as I never worry about crap like this. Just an HK noob and wanted to make sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Normal. My HK45c's, P30's, and PPQ are loose. I never noticed mine until I started running a PPQ hard which made me compare to my HK's.
Normal? IDK about that. My P30L isn't sloppy at all. There is a minute amount of play up & down if you squeeze the polymer lower & Slide toward each other but it doesn't rattle at all.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Duty/Combat hand guns need space for crap, carbon, sand, dust, belly button lint, and the such to get in and still allow the firearm to function. If it works, then it is fine. As a result of the polymer frame having rails in it that ride in the groove of the slide, there will be some play. The amount will vary with the slight variances in the manufacturing process, the amount of previously mentioned belly button lint already in the spaces and other things that can close tolerances.

Wolvee, your definition of sloppy and others are too hard to quantify. I am going with it it functions and the slide and frame have some play then you are good to go.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I haven't had any slide/frame fit issues with my HKs, but I do have a couple of rattles. The P30 right side slide release rattles, and one of my USPc's buffer slides along the RSA if I tilt the pistol up/down. No big deal, either one.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My p30 w lem doesn't rattleas much as my .45c did until I had the lem installed by lgs, seems better now . probably no help

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 3 HK's do this too (2 USP .45's and a P2000sk). As was said before it is normal for combat handguns to have extra clearance between parts so they don't get effected by dirt and debris as much. My Glocks to this too. As long as the play isn't overly excessive, you're fine. Just remember, you can't compare these guns to a 1911 with tighter tolerances.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
My main P30L, 24,800 since 2009. Main P30, 12,064 and my main HK45c, just shy of 8,400.

My main pistols were once secondary, since I have reduced the redundancy, they are all primary now. I have a collective 52,000 rounds on the P30 platform over the past 32 months. I log all range trips.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm assuming the OP's P30 is new. At what point did yours become loose like the OP described, because mine is as tight as the day I bought it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a few thousound down the pipe of P30, it's as tight as ever. Look like at some round count it will loose up a little. As long as it's not effect accuracy I'm not overly concern....Play between frame and slide is normal but barrel to slide is NOT.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My P2000 has just over 14,000 through it. The front end will make noise if I shake it....it's enough movement that I can push the slide side to side by a hair in each direction. Not much.

The front rails still have plastic flashing on the ends, and have been that way for about 10k rounds now. The rear rails are still covered by almost 50% with plastic flashing and have also been that way for some time.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
I'm assuming the OP's P30 is new. At what point did yours become loose like the OP described, because mine is as tight as the day I bought it.
My HK45c loosened up quite a bit north of 3,000. It is as loose as my PPQ with over 3,000.

My average annual round count is 15-18,000 per year. Not as much as it used to be.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just checked my P30 and when I press the slide releases into the frame on both sides and shake it I get no sound. However when I handle the front part of the slide there is just a little play left to right but none up and down.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts