HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed something after owning my P2000 V3 for almost 2 months. When I initially pull the trigger all the way (using a snap cap), the hammer returns to the forward position.

If I then initiate the second trigger pull very slowly, there's a clicking sound after about 2-3mm trigger pull. If I release the trigger without pulling the rest of the way, the hammer returns to the forward position, but doesn't return all the way to the same position in which it started. It seems like it sits about 1-2mm further back.

After another FULL trigger pull, this happens again on the subsequent slow pull. I can see that there's a metal piece that's popping up just inside the hammer, not allowing it to fully return to it's initial position.

Is this clicking sound normal? Is it normal that the hammer wouldn't return entirely to the original position?

Let me know if I'm not being clear enough.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Not really one hundred percent, but from what you are describing it sounds like your safety on the hammer. If it is this is normal and you want it to happen. It keeps the hammer from striking the pin when you don't want the gun to go off.

·
Registered
821 Posts
what cueist said...perfectly normal, half-cock. It where the hammer would be resting if you decocked the weapon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try it with the slide off

Hi guys,

You can actually see the "hammer catcher dealie" do its thing if you work the trigger with the slide off, when firing and decocking. Go slow as you squeeze the trigger, and you'll see the catcher thing slip off the hammer, and you'll see what's making the click. Cool, huh?

Gene

1 - 9 of 9 Posts