HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. As you see from my continuing V94 range report, my V94 was inoperable right out of the box. A trip back to the factory didn't help much. So I started changing out Vector parts for HK OEM. What I have found is that assuming Adam Weber sent me the proper ejector lever for my MP5 40, the OEM part IS NOT interchangeable with the Vector part. They look similar, but not identical. I put in the HK ejector and the bolt would not pull back all the way. Put the Vector ejector back in and no problems.

Anyone else actually try replacing Vector parts so far?

David

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Did it not fire? Or does it just not function properly?

Hard to believe quality control is that bad that they would not test fire it first.

Nothing worse then getting the the range and it does not shoot!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it not fire? Or does it just not function properly?

Hard to believe quality control is that bad that they would not test fire it first.

Nothing worse then getting the the range and it does not shoot!!!
Would not eject more than a round or two before jamming. Sent it back and then it would jam every 3rd to 5th round. New HK parts now apparently not all interchangeable.

It's a mad, mad world out there.

David

·
Registered
893 Posts
Post a picture or describe the differences between the vector and HK ejectors. If you say that they are similar, but not identical, maybe your new ejector is not the right one. Or maybe vector modified theirs to work (maybe ground a little off the end, which would make sense with what I am thinking).

If the bolt won't come all the way back just by changing the ejector, then the forward end of the ejector might be impacting the bolt as the carrier is pressing down on the rear end when coming back. Maybe try putting some red lipstick on the top of the HK ejector, and assemblying the gun, retracting the bolt till it stops, and then dissasemble, and see if there is red lipstick where there shouldn't be on the bottom of the bolt. If you hold the gun upside down, you might be able to look into the magwell and see the ejector hit the bolt where it shouldn't.

If this happening, the trigger box is not oriented correctly with respect to the receiver somehow, maybe too high, maybe cock eyed, whatever.

·
Registered
864 Posts
To tell you the truth, if something is out of spec against HK, I would actually do whatever it took to put those things back in spec so that your HK authentic part would work...almost no matter what that was. Sounds to me like sloppy assembly and some quick grinding to get the thing working is what happened. Might be a pain in the butt, but when it does get running, you have a gun that is more in spec then just a bunch of parts slapped together that would only work on that gun.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I replaced my V53 housing and trigger box with a HK factory set up and I couldn't pull the bolt back had to sell the HK parts and stick with the Vector. So far though gun runs great. Heck my Cohaire stuff to totally compatible with HK and it was cheaper and has a worse reputation............................

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Without looking at them, my guess would be that if you can't cycle the carrier with a factory lower, the semi-auto shelf isn't in spec.

Some of the clones needed shims for the pack to be the right distance from the carrier, maybe they tried to correct the problem and over-corrected.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To tell you the truth, if something is out of spec against HK, I would actually do whatever it took to put those things back in spec so that your HK authentic part would work...almost no matter what that was. Sounds to me like sloppy assembly and some quick grinding to get the thing working is what happened. Might be a pain in the butt, but when it does get running, you have a gun that is more in spec then just a bunch of parts slapped together that would only work on that gun.
I really don't want to start randomly grinding and fiddling. I will test the gun with the new extractor and extractor spring (they appear to fit) and will see if that corrects the problem.

David

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post a picture or describe the differences between the vector and HK ejectors. If you say that they are similar, but not identical, maybe your new ejector is not the right one. Or maybe vector modified theirs to work (maybe ground a little off the end, which would make sense with what I am thinking).

If the bolt won't come all the way back just by changing the ejector, then the forward end of the ejector might be impacting the bolt as the carrier is pressing down on the rear end when coming back. Maybe try putting some red lipstick on the top of the HK ejector, and assemblying the gun, retracting the bolt till it stops, and then dissasemble, and see if there is red lipstick where there shouldn't be on the bottom of the bolt. If you hold the gun upside down, you might be able to look into the magwell and see the ejector hit the bolt where it shouldn't.

If this happening, the trigger box is not oriented correctly with respect to the receiver somehow, maybe too high, maybe cock eyed, whatever.
The Vector part has a small square nib sticking down from the extractor lever arm under the front (business) end. The HK extractor head piece is slightly larger, but the two pieces are almost indistinguishable from one another.

I still have to verify with Adam that he sent me the MP5 40 part and not the 9mm or 10mm by mistake.

David

·
Registered
864 Posts
I really don't want to start randomly grinding and fiddling. I will test the gun with the new extractor and extractor spring (they appear to fit) and will see if that corrects the problem.

David
i wouldnt do anything random either and it sounds like you have yourself a good plan. keep us posted and let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine is the exact same way. I bought an HK ejector lever and tried to swap it into my Vector. No go. I had to put the stock vector back in.

I'll keep the lever and when I get enough cash get an HK bolt carrier and make it as much HK as possible.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I know you sent it back once already, but I would call and ask to talk to Rex. Tell him what is going on and proceed from there. I find that I get a clean answer from him everytime I talk to him, no BS. The rest of the crew can be hit or miss from time to time; most are good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Vector also a no-go

I bought a V53 pistol a while back and it was also in-op out of the box.
For some absurd reason it did not immediately dawn on me that this was completely unacceptable. I also sent my unit back to the factory - to no avail.
I went on to spend $$$ essentially replacing *every* internal component including the trigger pack. Ultimately, I realized that it was the receiver itself that was grossly out-of-spec, and for that reason, even new HK factory parts wouldn't all properly fit/function.

There is a notion on the boards that since its less expensive than "the real deal" such "inconveniences" are somehow acceptable. Personally, I was afraid that the pistol I received was potentially dangerous.

Good Luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Checking to see if it indeed the correct part is a good idea. If not that then I tend to agree with Dave about the pack. I have always heard that Vector has pretty good cust. serv. so I would bet that they will sort it out in the long run. If your photo skills are up to par, some folks on this board can occasionally tell you wonders with some detailed pics.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sounds like the quality control at Vector is going downhill. And yes you are correct, no matter how much you spend on a gun, it should work! period -- end of story... I mean, hell my $399 AK-47 has worked flawlessly ever since I bought the thing brand new many many years ago.

If it is any conselation, even HK factory guns don't work out of the box sometimes. I know the HK purists won't beleive it, but not many of them have handled as many factory guns as I have and had to deal with them....Just talk to an armorer at the FBI about the headaches they had with the HK MP5-10MM..

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm beginning to scratch my head on this one myself and Im kinda wondering whats going on. Vector has established itself as a decent clone assembler...i say assembler because we all know where the majority of the parts come from, however, that being said, I have noted increased quality from the source of origin and not the inverse no matter what people really have to say about that. I have noticed a number of V53 related issues from "straight out of the box." I am beginning to wonder what has changed...kinda makes one think. I would love to see if anyone could dig up a definitive reason.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
After sending it back and reporting the problem....

They returned it having the SAME problem but only after a few more rounds.

So technically.. they fixed the old problem and now there is a new one. :)

Maybe if you keep sending it back.. you will be able to empty a magazine!!

I as interested in buying a clone version but read so many horror stories online. my first used M4 was junk and they did not/could not fix it. So I feel your pain.

So to get complete satisfaction... I bought a new MP5N and it was worth it!! Had the wife's blessing.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm willing to bet that your ejector lever is a 9mm lever and not a 40 caliber. Probably a little grinding on the tail of the lever will get it working properly. But I agree talking with Adam first is a good idea.

I am really sorry that you are having these issues. I was seriously contemplating a 40 cal Vector, but not now.

I've had issues with my 223 Vector that have made me crazy. But now, I realize it could be worse. At least mine is darned accurate and reliable, other than one case that broke in half.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I would say you have two options.

1. Send it back to vector with the HK parts (assuming you have the .40 cal model parts) and tell them what the problem is and have them fit the parts to the gun. This would guarantee the shelf is is spec.

2. Send the gun to Jayson Cotter and IGF and have him fix it, it will cost you but it will be 100% functional.

My Vector V89 functioned 100 % out of the box but I wanted to upgrade it with HK parts like anti-rattle paddle mag-release. I sent this weapon to Jayson and he worked on it and in the process reset the shelf. The gun would not longer cock with the US made ejector but the HK German ejector cycles beautifully ejecting cartridges consistently/solidly 10 feet to the right.

Moral to the story is that the MP5 design hinges on the lower properly mated to the receiver and the US made parts are sh*t.

Just compare a HK ejector to the US ejector included with Coharies, Vectors etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have sent my V53 back when it didn't work for jamming issues too, specially on FA. I gave up on sending it back again and gave them a call to ask a few questions. The parts start out as HK33 parts and are modified. Bolt carrier shortened, recoil rod shortened, etc. I also got a ejector from Adam, didn't look the same. Found out that Vector uses 33 ejectors too. What they do is put the parts together and weld material on to the tip of the ejector to make it fit correctly to the bolt. My cartridges were not ejecting out all the way, they would bounce back into the receiver and jam it all up, or stove pipe. After lots of tinkering, I found the the receiver is way out of spec. The bolt carrier has too much play in it. When you manually pull back the bolt and examine the ejector to bolt spacing it looks great. However, I found that if you press on the bolt itself towards the top of the receiver, the whole assembly will move and create a big gap where ejector meets bolt. This amount of play will cause the ejector to hit the shell case in random places, some good , some fair, some bad then cause a jam. The reason for this it seems is the rails, they are too small. What I did was weld even more material onto the tip of the ejector. The bolt now rides the ejector when going back taking any play out of the assembly. Now when I check the action it will throw an empty or loaded cartridge clean accross the shop with just moderate force of the cocking handle. Before they would just kind of drop at my feet.

I have thought all along since I got it that there was just too much play in the whole system. I haven't been able to give it a good field test yet cause of the weather and time, but I'm confident the change will make a big different. I'll report on the findings.

Check for looseness everywhere. Make sure extractor is nice and tight and ejector is right. Shelf must also be correct, I've had to move 2 out of three shelves from clone receivers and move rear mounting hole on the receiver to move lower forward more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts