HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my CA mp5 out Saturday, ran flawlessly (federal ammo, HK mag and korean mag both).
Took it out yesterday with Remington UMC and double fed every time. Spent casing stayed in chamber while new round was also pushed up.
Took it out today and ran federal ammo, UMC as well as 2 other types and same thing. I also noticed it looks like my bolt head is rubbing on my magazine.

Ideas?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
The weak ass UMC ammo ruined your extractor spring and now you need a new one.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
UMC ammo. Stock up on a few extractor springs as even one FTE can ruin them. Bending them is only a band-aid fix.

I'd also recommend getting the rifle extractor spring. I run them in every caliber gun (expection to my .40/10mm since they have a bend) They add some extra clamping force and are a little cheaper

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE:

I am officially an idiot.

Yup, you heard it right. I'm an idiot.

I appreciate your input and as im sure that my weak ass UMC can cause a similar outcome, the results are in.
As it turns out, switching a HK93 lower with a HK94 lower will have the result of a double feed.

You can all go back about your business as I sit in the corner with the dunce cap on.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Call my union rep!!!

It's OUR job to berate you. You're not allowed to blame yourself here... that's our yob.

Actually, each clones grip frame might be mated to it's own receiver and adjusted to it's own shelf height. That's why we swap the seared trigger boxes INSIDE the grip frames when we swap sears out and leave the grip frame with it's particular clone. Yeah, it WOULD be nice if everything was a simple, perfectly fitting swap, but it ain't so.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE:

I am officially an idiot.

Yup, you heard it right. I'm an idiot.

I appreciate your input and as im sure that my weak ass UMC can cause a similar outcome, the results are in.
As it turns out, switching a HK93 lower with a HK94 lower will have the result of a double feed.

You can all go back about your business as I sit in the corner with the dunce cap on.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
So does that mean that simple changing out the grip caused the problem, or did you try to use a 33 ejector lever in an MP5?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the whole assembly.

I know. Stupid. But hey they look pretty dang similar and they also have the same dimensions (ie i didn't have to force it)

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
thefirm13,
Now you know! I bet that will never happen again. And if it does, don't tell retro or shattered!
Dj

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looked like there was SOME rubbing but after I got the right lower in place it has functioned flawlessly.

Which makes me wonder: are all these HK lowers (93,94,91) interchangeable minus tiny changes in the trigger pack?
Obviously the wrong trigger pack still fired a round just didn't eject properly.

Now I'm curious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts