HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I was just thinking about when the next Bond movie would come out a couple of hours ago. Speak of the devil!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its about time, its been on hiatus for quite a bit, I guess MGM was low on cash

Looks like the next Bond movie after this one is slated for 2014

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Of course Bond uses an HK

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the new books (Carte Blanche) he carries a PPS in .40 SW

In this upcoming movie I see a lot of pictures with him using a PPK

·
Banned
879 Posts
Of course Bond will use at least one HK in a movie.

HK has a great PR department if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Pierce Brosnan made a much better contemporary James Bond, he should carry a P7M8.
technically Craig is not contemporary; his story, even though set in modern times, is Bond as he is starting to make his way. blunt instrument and all that, old chap.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Of course Bond will use at least one HK in a movie.

HK has a great PR department if nothing else.
Actually they dont have a very good one, or better said they have one that is VERY leary of ANY of its products being in any movie, and is terrified of fallout if said firearm is shown in a "negative" light.

The PSG1 Gibson uses in Lethal Weapon we had to supply without knowledge or approval of HKO. We insisted NO "Special Thanks to" tag on the closing credits. Still Oberndorf found out, and we had a bit of a tough time for a while, then all was well. Maybe sombody in Oberndorf liked Mel Gibson?

·
Banned
879 Posts
Actually they dont have a very good one, or better said they have one that is VERY leary of ANY of its products being in any movie, and is terrified of fallout if said firearm is shown in a "negative" light.

The PSG1 Gibson uses in Lethal Weapon we had to supply without knowledge or approval of HKO. We insisted NO "Special Thanks to" tag on the closing credits. Still Oberndorf found out, and we had a bit of a tough time for a while, then all was well. Maybe sombody in Oberndorf liked Mel Gibson?

Then how in the hell does hollywood have a glut of G36 type rifles, and 416's are everywhere in the films nowadays?

Especially considering how tight HK has been with the import of 416's, don't tell me that hollywood managed to sneak a bunch of them out from under HKs nose without them knowing.

You literally cannot walk into a movie theater these days and not find at least one movie playing that has an HK of some sort in it.

Also, HK was under different ownership back then.

·
Banned
879 Posts
You have got to be kidding...........and to clarify Im not talking about the P7!
Uh oh....it's turning into a "Who made a better Bond" thread.......these never turn out well.

Much like the "Who was the best Doctor?" threads....

·
Registered
765 Posts
I see the picture, but I don't see any way of identifying it as HK. How do we know that it's a 416, and not just some other AR variant?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I see the picture, but I don't see any way of identifying it as HK. How do we know that it's a 416, and not just some other AR variant?
Look closely or blow up the picture. THe HK BUIS and front Flip Up sight seem pretty visible. The rail also hs the HK screw clearly visible on the right side. Since no other AR seems to attach a rail in that manner, I feel pretty confident its an HK416.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, lol

in a Bond movie they aren't going to have off brand pistol weapon unless there is something really unique about its looks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts