HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my first HK, a P30. And I would have to say that I do not care for the trigger AT ALL! It is smooth and consistent, but it is also long and gives no detent or warning about when the trigger will give way. I have already started looking into a match trigger or something else that is comparable. If that doesn't fix the issue then I will be looking to trade it for a Sig P229. Any thoughts from all of you HK lovers out there about what you think that I should do before I unload the P30 for a P229?

UPDATE:

Ok, I now have 650 rounds down the tube and can say that I am starting to really like it. The first DA trigger pull still takes too much pressure for my tastes but the follow-up pulls are dead-on. When I go back to the range, I have plans on putting 100 rounds through it only in DA to try and figure it out. This would be my new favorite pistol,by FAR, if it just had a pound or two taken off the first DA pull. Other than that, I still have 350, or more, rounds to put through it till I see how the trigger loosens up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like a good feature

That wasn't meant to be a short coming, that is the better part of the trigger.

The "surprise trigger break" is still one of the cornerstones of pistol marksmanship. Seems like you should be a step ahead if you're always surprised
That wasn't meant to be a short coming, that is the better part of the trigger.

I understand what you are talking about by the surprise. I am using that same idea to teach my Fiance how to become more accurate. Every time anyone goes to aim a handgun, your arms, hands, and firearm all waver a bit. I like being able to take up the slack in the trigger and be better prepared to pull the last half a millimeter when I feel that I am best on target. I can never tell how far or close I am from actuating the trigger to fire.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
USP, have many trigger options. Practice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
No match trigger for your P30.
That trigger requires practice. Put about 1,000 rounds down range and if you still don't like the trigger, send it out for trigger works or trade it in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a P30, do they have trigger options? And if so, where please?
Im sure more practice would do me good, but I have shot enough different pistols to kinda know what I like and what I would feel good shooting.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Go get your lameass Sig. I'm tired of hearing all these nerds complain about these supposed "problems".
If you don't get it, you never will.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The light LEM version has a distinct step in the trigger. First a take up portion, and then the sear is engaged. However, after the 10,000 round mark mine smoothed out a ton, and the step is not as noticeable anymore. This really is not a problem for me, as 95% of the shooting is done at speed and the "step" is bypassed. However it is different when shooting groups.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
Get the SIG. Nothing "lameass" or wrong with a SIG and the sweet SRT trigger. Walther has also decent triggers. Glock is not bad either in the Gen4.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts