HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway...

My service weapon is a USPc 40 LEM and I am looking for a separate civilian/CC pistol. It is my understanding (Please correct me if I'm wrong) that my secondary choice should mimic my duty weapon as closely as possible. That way all the "muscle memory" and operational use transfers over in critical situations. My problem is my smaller hands do not fit the USP very well. Add to that my slight stature (5'7" 140lbs.) would not conceal the bigger USP frame easily either. So I thought the P2000sk would fit the bill nicely.

Would you agree that the P2000sk has very similar controls and features of the USP LEM? Do you feel that a negative transfer of learning would occur if I practiced with the P2000? I have searched the different variants and am a little confused to the one that would exactly or mostly mimic the operation and trigger that my USP LEM has.

I appreciate any help that any can give with these questions.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Honestly, it takes less than a second to sweep the nonexistant safey on my P2000SK. I switch between a USP9F and P2000SK DA/SA. If you are going from an LEM to another LEM, then the only difference will be in the grip length.

I use X-grips.

Point and shoot.

JPG

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you want smaller, than you should get the P2000sk in V2 (LEM). it should be very similar to your duty USPc.

You could also try the P2000 and use some of the different grip panels. Maybe those will fit you better than your duty gun.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you want smaller, than you should get the P2000sk in V2 (LEM). it should be very similar to your duty USPc.

You could also try the P2000 and use some of the different grip panels. Maybe those will fit you better than your duty gun.

I wish I could switch my duty weapon. That is not an option unfortunately.

I haven't seen any P2000sk's, and I wanted to know if the controls and operation are very similar to the USP's.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Yes they are, as far as being simular. In fact you will be able to use the same mag from your duty weapon to the P2000SK in 40. It will give you a little more ammo. Yes, it is very simular. Plus the P2000SK has the interchangeable pannels on it's grip.

Isn't there a pic of the P2000SK's if you go to home page and click on the weapons page?? TJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts