HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed something weird under the takedown lever. I have never done anything with this pin. This is an older VP9 ('18)

Has this happened to anyone before? Is it a sign of something more serious? Can I just ignore it? I have about 7k rounds through it (maybe more, tbh I dont keep track)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looks like shooting “gunk” to me. See if it scrapes out with a plastic pick or paper clip or something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't see what you're referring to... Do you mean that the pin has started to drift out of place?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see what you're referring to... Do you mean that the pin has started to drift out of place?

no, the hole that holds the pin in place seemingly has a chip on the side. Its the pin hole underneath the takedown lever

·
Registered
29 Posts
no, the hole that holds the pin in place seemingly has a chip on the side. Its the pin hole underneath the takedown lever
Ok, I see what you're referring to now... is there any indication that the pin hole itself becoming elongated like that, or is it just the rim of the hole? I sort of though that was a pin staking mark, then again, I don't think they stake pins in plastic like they do on steel and aluminum frames... Any chance it just happened to catch there when drawn from a holster, if just the rim if the hole is nicked?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I see what you're referring to now... is there any indication that the pin hole itself becoming elongated like that, or is it just the rim of the hole? I sort of though that was a pin staking mark, then again, I don't think they stake pins in plastic like they do on steel and aluminum frames... Any chance it just happened to catch there when drawn from a holster, if just the rim if the hole is nicked?

its mostly the rim, it goes in a little bit as well. would be difficult to get it on camera

its possible that it happened with a holster draw but I dont know. All I know is that I never did anything to/with this pin

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Is it only on one side? I'd pull the pin and inspect it, check for additional wear inside the hole in the frame.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is it rust?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
That's literally what made me think it was an issue because my vp9sk is round lol. Glad you posted this, thanks
Yeah, I think you’re good to go, a baby blem in polymer I wouldn’t think twice about. I got way more chunks outta me. Carry on.

·
Some gun guy
192 Posts
Same non-round hole on my '16 VP9 frame.
I'm not concerned. Don't think you should be either, especially with what @HK12Step posted. I've never noticed it before now, but seems normal.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The VP9 I bought in 2014 has this.

Looks like it was made this way.

Huh, never noticed it before.🤔

1 - 20 of 29 Posts