HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new USP 40 and turned it into a combat competition. I.m very impressed with the gun overall especially the Novak sights. As I purchased my hk inventory I've been installing mepro night sights in them. It's crazy with the amount of sight options there are for guns. These Novak sights as you all know are blacked out in the back with the fiber optic front - what a combination! It just makes me wonder if I had done some more research and gotten maybe the Heinee sights with the blacked out rear or Novak sights for the rest of my guns. The target acquisition is fast. The only night sights I would have needed would be for my cc gun (p2000sk). The rest of the guns are basically range guns. I tell you, these novaks are just night and day with the mepros no pun intended.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Novak sights have consistently been my favorite sights until recently (now, I like the HK adjustable sights that came with my Expert). I don't care too much for the Heinie straight eights (target acquisition isn't as quick for me).. they aren't awful, but they just don't work as well for me. You got great sights.. Enjoy em! If you are interested in the Heinie's I'd find someone with them installed on their gun to try them out before putting them on yours.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice to hear you like them, awaiting a set currently . Once installed ,did the rear elevation need adjusting?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im actually not exactly sure how they can adjust. Their fairly snug inside the frame of the gun so how can they adjust? They went in tight, i snugged up the allen wrench a little and thats how i left it. Anyway the elevation that its at is perfect. I still dont know how these can adjust the way they are?

·
Registered
18,647 Posts
The Novak fiber-optic sights are not adjustable. There is a little hex screw on the rear sight that you turn to tighten or loosen the sight (for drifting purposes).

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yes they are pretty much as is. Not like an actual adjustable target sight. Hope you enjoy them. I think they look great too. And pretty much "snag free"... a solid, tough sight system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts