HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a rookie using semi autos. I recently obtained a hk usp 45. I have a question about the barrel. When the slide is pulled back and locked and the chamber cleared, i have noticed the barrel moves slightly in every direction. I have not noticed any movement when the slide is forward and the gun is "locked". Im not sure if the firearm is made like that to reduce the wear on the slide and the barrel as the firearm is cycled. Or on the other hand, i have a small defect with my barrel fitting correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

-Sandman

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The way that the Modified Browning Action works is to tilt the barrel up when the slide if back. There will be movement of the barrel until the slide returns to battery.

It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a tilt-barrel, started by the 1911. the barrel-slide gap allows this to happen.

·
Premium Member
8,631 Posts
It's more than normal, it's required. If you ever experience the slide being locked back and the barrel is NOT a little loose, it will be due to a jam of some kind and the slide won't be able to move back into battery.

G

·
It's a tilt-barrel, started by the 1911. the barrel-slide gap allows this to happen.
Obviously, this is a non-HK related question; but didn't earlier Browning-designed, recoil-operated, semi-auto pistols like the Colt 1900 also have a tilting barrell, or was that some other kind of recoil-operated action?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts