HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never was much of a hangun fan, I mostly owned long guns.
Last year I went and bought the HK45 and the P30 and now I am addicted.
I want to buy more HK hanguns!
A Mark 23 is a must, in my opinion, and probably will be next.
I am interested in the HK45C when it becomes available.
What else would be a good choice for me to buy?
Am I correct to assume that I do not need a P2000 or is it that much different than the P30?
I like the 9mm and the .45's but I have not been a fan of the .40.
(I couldn't tell you why since I don't own any)
Which HK do you have that you feel no HK enthusiast should be without?
I'm not talking about "safe queens" or competition shooting, just something for carry and weekends at the range.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wait till you buy a P7 If your an HK fan IMHO you have to have at least one variant of the P7...but you will see it's addicting like you say! I am going the other direction, I have tons of handguns and now getting hooked on the assault rifles...But I would say the P7 is a must and the MK23 is a blast to shoot, even when you look at it, say why is this thing so freaking big...and then shoot it, read about it, etc and you wont ever get rid of it! Keep buying...they only get better

Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Which HK do you have that you feel no HK enthusiast should be without?
Another vote for the P7M8. One of the best handguns ever built and arguablly the best gun for CCW. No collection is complete without a P7.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Get all the Hks you want. This is America!

And you asked, "Now what?"...I'd recommend shooting the heck out of what you have now. Maybe some self-defense handgun training also. Put your Hks to work!

·
Registered
236 Posts
YES

Agreed 110% to the above comment !!! Don't let your HK's sit and get more valuable lol SHOOT them 1000's and 1000's of times it's a sin not too !!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I DO shoot my guns, that why I said I wasn't looking for a gun that would be a "safe queen".
Ok... you got me interested in the P7 series.
P7M8 are still in production?
P7M13 are no longer in production?
P7M10 are in .40 S&W?
USP Tactical or Compact Tactical or both?
Tactical is just a threaded barrel?
AFAIK Missouri does not allow cans, still get a tactical?
Any thoughts on the USP Expert?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here you will get a bunch of different replies opinions etc! I think if your just a shooter, range, home defense, hobbyist and NOT incredibly wealthy, the P7 PSP is good bet as it's virtually identical to the P7M8 other then the heal mag release...o and the 500+ dollar difference! BUT if you need to reload, use if for work (law enforcement etc) the M8 and ability to reload much quicker is obviously worth it. The M13's are now 1800+ and the M10's are 2500+ and the M10 is a beast of gun..heavy very bulky I think

I think the other ones are gonna be feel and preference...I have a sickness, therefore I have the Expert, Elite, Match, Mark23...of those I personally shoot better with the Expert...but its the difference of a tiny tiny bit! These full size target type HK's are freaking awesome...they out shoot the shooter, so if you miss or don’t tight group them IT'S YOU not them! They are big however...so size can be a factor again in what you want to do with them. The long sight picture of the Elite and Match and Expert are nice and make us look like way better shooters! O and the longer barrel helps too :)

If you can...borrow one fire one and see how it feels...to me the Expert and the Elite are pretty darn close...the MK23 is BIG and the Match is just cool :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
A USP .45 Tactical, P7PSP, or the P7M8 would make nice additions. I also like my USP compact in .45. So many guns and so little time. If you like long guns the HK91 is a must and the USC .45 carbine is a lot of fun to own as well. Welcome aboard. It's an addiction my friend. HKs are exceptional weapons. Enjoy!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Another vote for the P7M8.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yet another vote for the P7M8, although I have yet to fire one yet.

I started out with the MK23 as my first HK, mainly due to the coolness factor. Unfortunately for me, its too big for it to be my primary shooter. I then added the P30, which I love. Just picked up the Elite in 9mm, and as is stated above, makes you look like a pro!

Then the HK bug fully took effect, and I have a P7M8 being shipped to me as we speak. Although I've never fired a P7 yet, after reading all the raves on this forum about them, I decided it was a must have.

Just be prepared to spend countless hours reading about, talking about, shooting, and BUYING H&K's. As you'll hear from many members of this board, they are quite addicting :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts