HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK I understand that SW used .308 springs in the early SW5s that was supposed to make them work better. How can you tell the difference in the .308 springs and the 9mm springs without having a 9mm spring to compare the one in the SW5 against?

Would I just be better off changing all of the springs in the gun to 9mm?

And what is the deal with the difference in the FA roller spring and the SA non roller spring that is on the bottom of the trigger? Can you not use the roller spring in a semi? Sure seems like it would help make the trigger a little smoother.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
OK I understand that SW used .308 springs in the early SW5s that was supposed to make them work better. How can you tell the difference in the .308 springs and the 9mm springs without having a 9mm spring to compare the one in the SW5 against?

You just gotta look around a little more...

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65232

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts

And what is the deal with the difference in the FA roller spring and the SA non roller spring that is on the bottom of the trigger? Can you not use the roller spring in a semi? Sure seems like it would help make the trigger a little smoother.
If you're only going to shoot the pack on a 9mm gun, I'd change the spring back to the proper 9mm one. It makes it a lot easier to cock.

But even a SA sear spring should have a little roller on it. At least, the German parts do. Not sure about the clones, maybe they omitted it. However, I don't think changing the sear spring to a roller style will make the trigger any smoother. It may prevent wear on the sear, but not make it any easier to pull.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Kind of what I was thinking. So how do you tell the differance between a .308 spring and a 9mm spring? I only have the spring that is in the gun.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Thanks. Kind of what I was thinking. So how do you tell the differance between a .308 spring and a 9mm spring? I only have the spring that is in the gun.
Look 3 posts up. Retrodog provides a link to another thread with a picture in it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH I missed that one. Some times I get the notification that someone has replied and some times I don't.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the hammer spring and it is infact a .308 spring. Well, time to order some stuff!

Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts