HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're only a couple of weeks out from the shoot so I think we should try to nail down a meeting time so people have time to plan.

The range is open from 10:00am - 8:00pm on Saturdays. I personally am open to any time, and its only a 30 minute drive for me, so toss out your suggestions and we'll see what works best for everyone.

Also do we want to try to meet at the range, or somewhere that might be a little easier to get to first, and then caravan to the range? I can list out detailed directions on getting to the range, but again, either works for me, so let me know what would work best for you guys.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'll probably need to bum a ride. Most likely from MueveloNYC (thanks buddy!). Depending on what time we hook up in Manhattan, we'll project a time when we can get to the range. Thanks for keeping on top of this.

·
Registered
221 Posts
do u guys want to go to eat first and then shoot? or vice versa? or forget eating lets just shoot?

there's lots of nice places to eat around there. Red Robin looks cool but i don't care.

what do you think greg?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Greg, can you find out if the range is okay with us bringing digital and video cameras? I'd like to get pics of the group and maybe some vids for YouTube. I'll have releases for everyone to sign, LOL :D

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
no pics of me with a firearm in the internet. Political climate is still negative here in NYC, and my place of employment is predominantly liberals. That and pictures tend to haunt people later for no apparent reason. There was a case last year where a guy shot someone in self defense in the bronx defending himself from armed intruders in his home. Lawyers dug up a photo of him somewhere showing him with a pistol and others at a range. They argued he was militant and was training to kill *rolleyes*

·
Registered
221 Posts
i'd like to do a write up and post it on here. but i'm w/ mue. i don't want any pics w/ the guns. how about we black out faces and don't use real names? just screen names?

this may work for us...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ah, words of wisdom. I will bring my camera but make sure everyone is okay with either a pic or vid and Photoshop everything out as requested. If not, I can just leave the camera home. I agree with Mue and DMG, last thing I want is for something to come back and haunt me or be misinterpreted as it unfortunately usually is.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say lets go shoot first and then go eat. That way we won't all be rushing through our meals so we can get to the range. You can all then show off your targets and tell me how much I suck over a cold beer :p

Also that way if people don't want to stick around for food they won't feel inclined to stay longer than intended.

So what time do you guys think would be best to meet up?

·
Registered
221 Posts
1PM?

i would guess like my local range early afternoon is better. gets full after 5pm. that's here no clue about there.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Definitely make sure to give us ample time to drive up to your neck of woods where the range is located. We could eat before or afterwards, I would want to see what Mue suggests.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so does 1pm work for everyone? Iron, Mue?

Anyone else planning on attending? I know we had some other interest, but haven't really heard from them lately.

I'm going to be out of town from this Sat - Tuesday or Wed, but I'll try to check in on the forums every so often.

Lets nail this down so we can all plan accordingly.

·
Registered
851 Posts
1pm sounds good to me. Have to clear it with Mue and then I think we are set. Hopefully he will chime in this evening.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So far just the 4 of us confirmed, although I did get a pm from srt1112 asking about the details of when/where it was going to be held, so hopefully he/she'll be able to join us, although they do live out on LI.

·
Registered
221 Posts
randy or HK7.62 something or another is coming i think. he started packing 1 month in advance. i need to call or pm him though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts