HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick laundry list of things for all those attending this Saturday's shoot at Davis.

1. Bring muffs and/or ear protection
2. Bring goggles and/or eye protection
3. Bring cash for ammo bulk buy, range fees, targets, food and such.
4. Please make sure to have your PERMIT/LICENSE with you. I know it goes without saying, but it would be a total killjoy if someone forgot theirs and being where we are, no one wants to deal with the hassle.
5. If possible, either PM or email contact numbers for just in case.
6. HAVE FUN! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Feel free to add to the list of anything I forgot to include.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just as a reminder, the range fees are $15/hour.

They have a fairly strict policy that once a gun enters a firing lane, that it does not leave until you're done shooting, so I would suggest that we each try to get our own lanes, and then we can just swap lanes with each other when we're ready to try out each others guns.

My cell number is 917-930-3149, and I will probably try to get up there a little early, probably around 12:30 or so just in case anyone shows up early.

One thing to mention about this range, the last time I was out there they really needed to mow the lawn, and there were some pretty high weeds along the road in front of the place, so if they haven't cut those down, it might be a little difficult to spot. I actually drove past it myself the last time I went there and had to turn around :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Unfortunately as of the last time I asked them (which was a few months ago) they did not rent guns. Would be nice if they did, they had a nice .50 cal sitting on the counter when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not me. The only long gun I ever owned was a competition Remington .22 that I used to compete with when I was MUCH much younger. I actually "thought" I still had it, until one day a couple of years ago I was visiting my folks and got an itch to hit the range, went to go look for my rifle and it wasn't there. Apparently Mom sold it a few years prior without telling me. Ironically, that was the day I went and bought my first pistol :) So I guess I can blame my recent affinity to pistols on my mother lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
i'm bringing the 91 and the usc. i have a mossberg 500 and all my pistols. so there will be a couple of long guns there!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow Mue, the quality of that camera phone is pretty darn good. The pic of my Tactical/Match clone looks better than pics I've taken with my regular digital.

That 91 put a nice square shaped bruise on my shoulder, hehe. Pleasure meeting the rest of the group and trying out everything. I LOVED Javic's Socom. Man, that thing is sweet! Tasty's Expert was pretty nice too.

Looking forward to DMG's write up of that day.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes thanks for organizing everything guys I had a blast and I learned that I never want to shoot pistol grip only shotguns ;)
I missed out on shooting DMG's 91 maybe next time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts