HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please give a definitive answer on whether the P30s, HK45s, and HK45cs that will be sold in the US will have the O-ring on the barrel?

In some of the articles, it mentions the O-ring but also says that it is not known if that will be there when they are released in the US.

On the HK website and the tri-fold brochure there is no mention of the O-Ring.

As a side question – do you think the O-ring makes a difference? (Like them on the Elite and Expert)

Thank you!

·
Registered
295 Posts
As a side question – do you think the O-ring makes a difference? (Like them on the Elite and Expert)

Thank you!
HK and I do, but most don't.

HK's top of the line models all have the o-ring. Don't forget the Match, Tac, and the Mark23.

Be Safe
Gayle

·
Registered
802 Posts
The Expert and Elite also have hand fitted barrels which do more for accuracy than an o-ring will ever do if it really does anything. Many have found shooting the gun without the o-ring doesn't change anything in accuracy even in the hands of experienced professional shooters.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your opinions so far.

We have an Elite and an Expert and love them.

But can anyone answer the main question: Whether the P30s, HK45s, and HK45cs that will be sold in the US will have the O-ring on the barrel?

·
Registered
870 Posts
From everything i have read so far, I do belive the HK45 will have the O ring. I don't know about the P30, I haven't looked in to it as much seeing as I'm not interested in the P30. Just the HK45.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Anything that improves the consistency of the barrel's relationship to the slide when it locks up should theoretically also improve the accuracy. The question is whether or not it is even a measurable difference?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Anything that improves the consistency of the barrel's relationship to the slide when it locks up should theoretically also improve the accuracy. The question is whether or not it is even a measurable difference?
And thats the whole deal right there.

Bruce Grey (when he shot for HK) did testing, and fount that O-rings didn't improve accuracy... he supposedly fired some USP's without O-rings, and cut O-ring slots into guns that didn't have them before, and found no difference....

On the other hand, CCF did testing, and found that the O-ring DID improve accuracy.

So if it does do anything, it is very minor, mabey like .1 inch at 25 yards tighter groups...

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
P30 does not get the o-ring.
Pre-production tan framed HK45 had the o-ring, have not seen pictures of black production units stripped, in 2 reviews, nor is the o-ring mentioned in these 2 reviews - since the H&K literature/2 reviews of 1 production unit is not mentioning the o-ring, I doubt it.
No production pictures of the HK45C stripped - I doubt this model will get the o-ring.

Maybe 'Tactical' versions will get the o-ring - your guess is good as any.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Great! Thats a good sign, since thats a production unit they tested! :)

I did a quick page thru on the Combat Handguns article in the store, I missed the o-ring tho...thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for trying to sort this out.

I guess the only way we will know if the P30, HK45, and HK45c have the O-rings, will be when they are finally shipped out in the US.

So now what do I want to buy?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts