HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I'm more of a long gun guy and I'm lacking on my knowledge of HK pistols. My friend sent me a link to a guy selling what he calls an Obendorf edition Mark 23. The seller says they were never imported into the states, but a service member brought one back. It comes in a HK hard case and has a "match barrel". I was wondering if this guy is blowing smoke or if there is such a beast; let me know what you guys think. thanks guys.

heres the link
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976992082.htm?wl=1

·
Registered
87 Posts
why isnt the light rail closed at the front? i thought that all hk accessory rails were closed at the front until the p2000 came out? i must be wrong or this has something to do with the euro model

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've never heard of that edition - but it seems to be just an ordinary European model Mark 23. I have heard that the barrels in the Euro version are different than those in the US version. Looks like a great gun for a crazy collector, but I don't see the value in spending almost twice as much for not much more.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thats the standard Mark23 rail.

Because it screws into the trigger gaurd (into a steel insert) rather than clamping on, so it slides onto the front.

Probly just a European model. There have been a couple that came in, i think they have the hard case, rather than the soft one.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That's just the Euro Mark 23. All it has is a slightly different barrel, and the hard case.

CCF imported a few of them a few years ago.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The European version Mark23 are distributed with HK hardcases. Actually there were 2 difference HK cases, earlier simulated wood grain gold tone case and later aluminum black silver tone case. All US Mark23 come with the standard woodland camo softcase, except for the ones this year that came in HK plastic hardcases. Here's a pic of all 3 versions, 2 Euro plus the 1 US version. Some Euros were imported by CCF, probably numbered fewer than a few dozen, and there's also reports of non-import marked Mark23. Those are the most valuable in terms of collectable, and no one knows for sure, but they could've been brought in by US service members coming back from Europe. Euro version suppose to have slightly tighter barrel throat as defined in USSOCOM specification.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
If I didn't know any better I would think that G36 liked the Mark 23 haha

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
My KH dated Mark 23 came in a black soft case not the cammo one. Are you guys trying to tell me that it came with the wrong case?

My SS 45 USP Match dated KK came with the wood grain hard case. This one was brought in to the US by a US service man.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My KH dated Mark 23 came in a black soft case not the cammo one. Are you guys trying to tell me that it came with the wrong case?

My SS 45 USP Match dated KK came with the wood grain hard case. This one was brought in to the US by a US service man.

Both my KG and KH date code Mark 23s came with the camo case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ironchef,

I picked up one on gunbroker last month for kicks too. The seller was bartelsexy1 from Germany and I'd recommend doing business with him.

futile

1 - 15 of 15 Posts