1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feast your eyes folks,
I’ve obtained some of the unobtainable.
Not one, but two hk416 uppers.
Both HK factory done. One is RAL8000 complete upper that they did for fun and the midnight bronze was a color they were playing around with for the MR556. They never made that color to production.

both of these uppers are complete 416 uppers and for bonus, a Hk416A5 barrel nut.
Never seen one of these in civi hands myself.

comparing the colors with a Geissele DDC color and a HK sand mag

·
Registered
86 Posts
That’s a great feeling when you finally have your unicorns in your hands! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'm curious if they did that anodizing back in 2005 or if that's just the date code they decided to put on the upper when engraved.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious if they did that anodizing back in 2005 or if that's just the date code they decided to put on the upper when engraved.
The RAL8000 upper has latest MR556 date code as it was a one off and they wanted markings on it. The Midnight bronze one was from taking an older hk416 and did the color way later.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
But really, no offense. Whoever sold those to you filled you with a bunch of BS. Those uppers are not legit.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But really, no offense. Whoever sold those to you filled you with a bunch of BS. Those uppers are not legit.
I’ve known this person for years at HK, played with a lot of HK toys and HK range testing stuff. I’ve even seen one of the first HKM4s before they were named 416. It’s def legit. Especially cause I went to HK and got the uppers myself. Lol I did pay a pretty penny for both of these uppers so think what you want 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I wonder whom has been pulled into who's office for a stern talking to at HK since this thread started;-$

·
Registered
62 Posts
Feast your eyes folks,
I’ve obtained some of the unobtainable.
Not one, but two hk416 uppers.
Both HK factory done. One is RAL8000 complete upper that they did for fun and the midnight bronze was a color they were playing around with for the MR556. They never made that color to production.

both of these uppers are complete 416 uppers and for bonus, a Hk416A5 barrel nut.
Never seen one of these in civi hands myself.

comparing the colors with a Geissele DDC color and a HK sand mag
View attachment 277308 View attachment 277309 View attachment 277310
Nice. Remember some of us aren't civilians on this site or any site. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts