HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried (successfully) to use a Griffin Armament Revolution 3 Lug Adapter for 10mm/40S&Won an Octane 45 HD Suppressor? I don't believe SilencerCo is going to make a 3 Lug Adapter for the 40S&W for the Octane 45 HD.

Best regards,

MaxMax256

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,647 Posts
Has anyone tried (successfully) to use a Griffin Armament Revolution 3 Lug Adapter for 10mm/40S&Won an Octane 45 HD Suppressor? I don't believe SilencerCo is going to make a 3 Lug Adapter for the 40S&W for the Octane 45 HD.

Best regards,

MaxMax256
...So I finally got around to getting the Griffin Armament Rev 45 and the 10mm/40 3 lug adapter. The GA adapter screws on perfectly to the Octane 45HD can.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
When I first got into the NFA game back in 2007 sub gun specific cans were a major silencer catagory on most manufacturers websites. Times sure have changed! Now, like the OP, we need to buy pistol cans as well as adapters. I can see why the manufacturers went that way but I still prefer a can designed for the firearm it's going on.

Good to hear your setup works OP. I wanted a can for my 40 clone as well but ended up ordering a Gemtech Raptor40. As far as I could find out it's the last dedicated can for the firearm and there aren't many left at Gemtech.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
...So I finally got around to getting the Griffin Armament Rev 45 and the 10mm/40 3 lug adapter. The GA adapter screws on perfectly to the Octane 45HD can.
Awesome! What is your opinion? I'm still on the fence about one for the 10mm but have never heard one suppressed.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,647 Posts
Awesome! What is your opinion? I'm still on the fence about one for the 10mm but have never heard one suppressed.
I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, just did the initial fitting with the piston and adapter and I'm surprised at how close the Octane 45HD and the Revolution cans really are. The pistons and adapters are pretty much identical, which is perhaps why Silencerco isn't bothering with a 3 lug for the 10/40 MP5. I imagine they shoot just about the same, but I also use some ultrasound jelly in my cans when I really want to drop the decibels.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The short and direct answer is yes the Griffin 3-lug adapter threads directly into the Octane. The Griffin 3-lug is more "contained" inside the can where as the SiCo 3-lug adapter add more length as the majority of the adapter is external to the can. I found good discussion on this very topic while searching a while back. In the following link one of the original SWR employees that helped design and build the Octane says they do not recommend the Griffin 3-lug even those it technically "works". Also the OP in that post noted they tried both and the Griffin offered noticeably different accuracy.

Here is the link with pics and lots of info. I guess the summary is YMMV. I'm undecided and likely going to use a different dedicated suppressor for 3-lug use is the direction I'm leading.

Griffin 3-lug on an Octane...Yes - SilencerTalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
The short and direct answer is yes the Griffin 3-lug adapter threads directly into the Octane. The Griffin 3-lug is more "contained" inside the can where as the SiCo 3-lug adapter add more length as the majority of the adapter is external to the can. I found good discussion on this very topic while searching a while back. In the following link one of the original SWR employees that helped design and build the Octane says they do not recommend the Griffin 3-lug even those it technically "works". Also the OP in that post noted they tried both and the Griffin offered noticeably different accuracy.

Here is the link with pics and lots of info. I guess the summary is YMMV. I'm undecided and likely going to use a different dedicated suppressor for 3-lug use is the direction I'm leading.

Griffin 3-lug on an Octane...Yes - SilencerTalk
i read this exact thread on silencertalk and that is what made me not want to use my griffin 40/10 tri lug on my octane 45....

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,647 Posts
That's pretty interesting, but that thread is about the 9mm cans and not the 45. The cans are the same, but not the same tolerance? There's also some ATF nonsense about why the different adapters styles. I believe the former SWE employee, but he also states nothing along the line of testing so I take that for what it is... opinion.

I should mention the reason why I bought the GA can and not another SiCo can is because I don't want to cross the products, since SiCo doesn't plan on making a 40 3-lug and I don't want another dedicated can for my MP5 40. I plan on using the 40 3-lug adapter from GA with the GA Revolution 45 only. If that GA shows any baffle erosion, I know exactly who I'm turning to for a warranty claim and I'll post the details here when or if that even happens.

But my opinion the best MP5 cans are the Knights Armament, but a very close second best is the Gemtech Raptor. Money wise, Gemtech all the way considering how close the sound suppression is between the two.

Anyhow, thanks for linking that thread Anthony. It was an interesting read.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
I am the OP of that silencertalk thread. I still like the GA mount on my Octane9. No accuracy issues reported by me. I am able to get the can apart when I want, and I like the simplicity of the mount. As I mention, almost bought a revolution, but then the Obsidian came out. Would be great for the .40 guys if rugged had plans for a .40 cal 3-lug mount. I'll ask them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an octane 45 with the Silencerco factory 3 lug adapter. I use it in junction with the 9mm endcap on my scorpion and my masterpiece arms mpa930sst. The .5x28 3 lug mount on my mpa is from hkparts and the one on the cz is from manticore arms. I get some side to side play with the silencerco adapter and it looks like it may slightly kiss the endcap. I contacted SiCo on this and they recommended using the 45 endcap....it just left me wondering what the hell the guys options are who own the 9mm octane. All and all it works pretty well though. I do want to try the GA to see if it locks up better than the factory adapter.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I am the OP of that silencertalk thread. I still like the GA mount on my Octane9. No accuracy issues reported by me. I am able to get the can apart when I want, and I like the simplicity of the mount. As I mention, almost bought a revolution, but then the Obsidian came out. Would be great for the .40 guys if rugged had plans for a .40 cal 3-lug mount. I'll ask them.
ahhh yes very good point regarding the rugged guys! that would seal the deal on me picking up a obsidian or ghost 45. please post back here when you have some info! thanks

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,647 Posts
...and that's the essence of the thread, no one but GA is making a multi-caliber can with a dedicated 10/40 3 lug adapter, so what else is one to do?

Btw, that Rugged can looks like a Octane.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
as it should, being that Henry @rugged was originally involved with the development of the swr octane. Evolution?

I will post if/when I hear back from rugged. I just emailed yesterday.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I wouldn't get hopes up about Rugged coming out with a 40/10 3 lug adapter anytime soon. The obsidian just hit the market a few months ago and is in super high demand. They are likely doing everything they can just to keep production up on it to try to meet demand at this point. They don't even have additional pistons out for it yet which will be their next step. A 9mm 3 lug might possibly come after they get the pistons sorted out. The 40/10 clones are kinda rare so I have a feeling they might not even bother to make mounts for them quickly if at all. Look at how many long time big name silencer companies dropped 40/10 3 lug cans and mounts from their line ups. Companies only drop products when they don't sell well enough.

I think Griffin and the handful of Raptor40 cans that Gemtech has left are the last games in town for 40/10 clones at the moment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts