HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a odd marking/letters on my P30s slide. It's on the underside of the muzzle area of the slide, two capital letters "AD". Can anyone advise what the letters mean? I may have missed it but I haven't seen this discussed before.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

Serial number for the pistol is 129-037___ BC date code.

Thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
It stands for Accidental Discharge. It lets them know that this gun is defective and prone to not being as safe as it should be. Send it to me and I will be sure it gets disposed of properly.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine had letters there as well. I think mine had "AD" as well.

It isn't a date code.

AD = 2003

The P30 wasn't released until 2006.

I was curious as well, but I never asked the question. I'm interested what they stand for.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is also a "F9" on the underside of my barrel in the same type. I'm thinking they are batch ID's for a particular set of barrels, slides, etc. Can anyone confirm that or correct it? It's not a date code.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It stands for Accidental Discharge. It lets them know that this gun is defective and prone to not being as safe as it should be. Send it to me and I will be sure it gets disposed of properly.
That's just plain mean but very funny. LMAO. :300000000:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Mine is a BA date code and has a 'T' marking there, although it could also be an 'L'.

Maybe it has something to do with the action type / model of the P30? Mine is a P30 LEM, no stupid external safety. :wink:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine is a BA date code and has a 'T' marking there, although it could also be an 'L'.

Maybe it has something to do with the action type / model of the P30? Mine is a P30 LEM, no stupid external safety. :wink:
Just checked my BA coded P30 LEM (started life as V2). It has the "T" also. Never noticed it before.

·
Registered
628 Posts
My USP has AW there, HK45 - D, HK45c - AP. So obviously the USP is for use in arctic warfare, the HK45 for dumb, and the HK45c is any purpose.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Weird. My p30 has no marking

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For anyone interested I called and spoke with HK USA today. They confirmed that markings on the slide (AD) and barrel (F9) are batch ID's.

Carry on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts