HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my p30 as i do after every trip to the range, over 1400 rounds flawless.
I noticed when removing the slide that the plastic on the rear left rail was gone and it was a shiny metal. The other 3 still have the plastic though i noticed the last few cleanings they were starting to catch and tear patches do to slivers in the plastic ends.

The next issue that alarmed me was when i went to clean the hammer about 2/3rds was black from powder but the right 1/3rd was fairly clean shiny like it wasnt hitting evenly and on further inspection the rear of the firing pin, which i could have swore was a complete circular disc was missing a quarter or so of its right side. This is my first pistol and maybe im completely over thinking it. It had just put 120 rounds of 9mm down range no issue but id like to know before its completely non functional or i havr to worry whether it might not possibly go if i ever need it off of my night stand.

Thanks for any help you guys can point me towards. Its a v3 9mm

·
Registered
437 Posts
Completely normal. My P2000SK has the exact same notch milled off the right side of the firing pin face. It comes that way from the factory. The hammer wear is also normal. The hammer comes from the factory with a rubberized coating over the spur. As the slide passes over the hammer and cocks it back during the firing cycle, it rubs against the hammer face. After many rounds you will see wear from this action and it is normal and to be expected on a gun that has been fired more than a few times. If you look closely at the slide, you will see the little ramp beneath the firing pin (above the firing pin in your picture here, because you are holding the slide upside down in the picture); this is the part that runs across the hammer and cocks it back, and you can see in the picture that it has some finish wear that corresponds with the wear on the hammer.

Still need to see pics of the slide or frame wear you described, but my guess is that once again it is a normal part of the wear process as the gun has been fired over hundreds of rounds.

·
Registered
794 Posts
All very normal. On my brand new P2000 the plastic on the frame rails was already gone just from the proof and test firing. Bill

·
Registered
628 Posts
All my HKs have had a little bit of the rear right side rail come off. I assume since all of them have done it that its just where the polymer was injected into the mold. The only reason to be alarmed about is if the little metal instert in the rails starts to come off.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Don't mean to create any panic here, but below are a few pics of the 4 rails on my P30 with about 2,100 rds through it. There are no wears on the rail on both sides. Just make sure that when you clean your gun, put a drop of gun oil in each of the rails in the slide.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys. Thats a relief! TOOSIXY's pic of his rail looks exactly like mine. Though only the rear left has the wear. Thought the fact that only the left rail was corresponding with the marks on the right side of the hammer I figured something had to be off. Thanks for settling some worries.

Now to just focus on new night sights and a trigger job

1 - 11 of 11 Posts