HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a BW5 clone for a possible SBR project and have an odd issue.
With lighter ammo the sear doesn't seem to be resetting. The hammer is cocked but the trigger moves aprox 1/3 of the way to the rear and stops and wont release the hammer. If I let the trigger spring forward a few times it will cycle normally and release the hammer. An odd problem for sure. With 147 gr ammo it functions well with no issues. I replaced the trigger pack thinking that would surely fix it but no, same problem. Any ideas?

Thanx in advance

Jim

14469696_10206187644323222_9074336387078781403_n.jpg

·
Registered
6,398 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you retrodog, Its worth a check. The new trigger pack from HK parts net is supposed to have the 9mm spring but you never know. I do need to get some higher power 115gr and try it. The 147 works great.

Which lower weight ammo are you using? Weak ammo sometimes won't cycle the gun adequately. Also check the hammer spring to make sure it's not a rifle version. The early clones were notorious for that.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/65232-hammer-spring-identification-change-non-pinned-type.html

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Also, not sure how you are testing it when it won't fire. Are you trying to charge it again by hand to make sure a good solid carrier engagement with the hammer is properly resetting it? You mention pulling and releasing the trigger a few times and that eventually working, but are you trying the charging method?

It the spent case is ejecting and the new round is going into battery adequately, that might rule out the poor cycling problem, but not necessarily. I had this happen years ago on one of my clones and can't remember what I did to correct it. Too many shooting sessions since then, I guess. Hmmm...

Well I'd at least try the hotter ammo and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts