21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
The connector on the back of the unit in the last picture appears to be the same connector on the OEM version that I had. I cannot guarantee electrical function, but the connector looks the same on both.

Digital camera Camera accessory Camera lens Gadget Rectangle

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
This wouldn't be the same brand/family of laser units as seen on the RAL8000 MP5 MLI from the 2014 MP5 50th anniversary promo calendar, would it??? I always wondered who manufactured the unit seen on the calendar cover. The word "BUND" (presumably for Bundeswehr) along with a QR code next to it can be seen on the unit in the cover photo. What I would give to have this same unit for my MLI clone... drool

·
Premium Member
317 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
They're junk and OLD tech. 10-15 years old. I got one in a parts deal and took it out with some buddies that are into NV and the "illuminator" is a joke.

If you're going to spend the money get something modern, low profile, higher power. There are plenty of choices out there.

Seriously, don't buy it.

View attachment 309540
Hm, that's odd. I have a pair myself and they look slightly different. Mine came with the camo pouch, manual, and switch as well
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory
Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Bumper

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
There's a button on the back and one on each side.

Shipped in a B&T box with a couple of batteries and an owner's manual in German. It looks to be NIB - no signs of it having been mounted.

Yes, I'll buy anything.

Composite material Metal Gas Rectangle

Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Optical instrument Auto part

Camera accessory Digital camera Cameras & optics Font Film camera

Camera accessory Bicycle part Camera lens Cameras & optics Carbon

Product Black Camera lens Gadget Reflex camera

It's not as massive as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
The B&T suppressor box and label are interesting, along with the little B&T baggie that had the 2 CR123 batteries (Surefires with a 2021 expiration date). I assume AU didn’t reuse B&T packaging so was B&T the distributor for these?

Would be nice to be able to upgrade the light to LED. The head comes off and apparently there were options:

Optional Light Sources/Filters
Laser head (instead of white light lamp;
exchangeable by operator)
Infrared filter (attachable to white light lamp)
Red light filter (attachable to white light lamp)
Apparently Steiner made an LLM-01 as well. Their tape switch connector is different (similar to an OTAL's), but they had an LED visible/white light head that I bet interchanges with the Oerlikon/Rheinmetall one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I reached out to Rheinmetall US this morning. No response yet. Have also tried hunting down a replacement head for the visible light from Steiner, as they had made an LED version for it that was much brighter: https://www.optics-world.nl/winkel/product_info.php?products_id=439

The connector looks similar to the thread on connector for surefire lights, though I don't have one to test.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts