HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a box full of G3 accessories. When I bought my PTR used, it came w/ a slim plastic forearm, HK wide forearm, cheap picatinny mount like AIM sells, and a HK type bipod. Since then I've bought a A3 collapsible stock, bayonet, G3 leather sling, and a wooden stock and handguard.

The plastic hg felt cheap, the wide hg was too heavy, the bipod was crap (I think it's a Promag), I prefer iron sights, and the collapsible stock isn't comfortable.

Most of these now sit in a box, I prefer my rifle configured as pictured... although the collapsible stock and wood hg also is nice. I do like the Bayonet too, but I still need to get an adapter for it.

pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL615/4020916/9005530/284123390.jpg

·
Registered
732 Posts
That is kindof neat. Do you suppose it is possible to match the finish on the little metal endcaps to the finish of the rifle? That's the only thing that holds me back from getting a setup like that. The wood really changes the character of the rifle.

Is there a buffer in that wooden buttstock? Is it similar to the buffers we all get in the plastic stocks?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't even considered the finish until you mentioned it. I hope that doesn't bother me now! The flash was screwed up on my camera when I took the picture, it's sort of over-exposed, but I kept it because it shows the grain off so well. The handguard metal matches the flash suppressor pretty well, and the buttstock metal isn't far off from either of these. The wood buttstock feels so good, I didn't even consider the finish.

I'll have to look at it to see if it has a buffer, I didn't check when I put it on. I got the buttstock, handguard and a sling at Knob Creek for $35.00.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
nice rifle - if you like the retro look - maybe go a few steps further and get a metal lower with the black plastic PG? and then the old style flash hider &a leather sling would be a small simple extra and you'd be there - along with a type 1 Hensoldt of course!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use one of the leather slings, I like them alot. I checked the stock at lunch, there is no buffer in it. But, I shot the rifle in a 3 gun match over the weekend and recoil seemed to be on-par or possibly even less than with the plastic buttstock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is kindof neat. Do you suppose it is possible to match the finish on the little metal endcaps to the finish of the rifle? That's the only thing that holds me back from getting a setup like that. The wood really changes the character of the rifle.

Is there a buffer in that wooden buttstock? Is it similar to the buffers we all get in the plastic stocks?
I'll bet you can match up with something like Alumahide-ll. That wood looks nice!;)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I kept the metal lower it came with:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
that looks GREAT!

·
Registered
872 Posts
militaryfirearms.com

Look in the CETME section. Their is an individual that is making and selling them at a great price. He's also requesting assistance in fabricating a PSG-1 type palm shelf.

It's a great board with a can do attitude.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts