1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Moving to Vermont this weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any of you still around? Last post was very nearly a year ago on 8-30-07. I'm a South Burlington Resident, new PTR-91 owner and member at Chittenden County Fish and Game Club. I met a guy up there about two weeks ago who owns or owned a PTR-91 and was kind enough to share some feedback on the wide hand guard and the pros and cons of the integrated bipod vs. installing a Harris bipod. If that was you, thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone still checking this site? I have been using H&K rifles since 1979 and the prices were a lot cheaper. The best ranges are the private club ones like
http://www.greenmountainboysshootingclub.com/ You get a key an access is limited to members. Located in Eden and it is where the Vermont machine shoot is during July 23-24, 2010.
As far as the bipod, the one that mounts on the handguard is ok but not there is a better factory one that holds the receiver.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in Essex and have a few HK's, and of course other stuff. Lots of gun owners in VT, but prob not a ton from VT on here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I lived in Essex until a year ago last May. I'm in Vermont to work at Smugglers' Notch from about mid-December through February. Hoping to do some shooting in my off time and would like to hook up with a range.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm generally in the area during the winter, so I was hoping to find an indoor pistol range. Second best is an outdoor pistol range. That said, I'll be working at Smuggs. Shoot me a private message so we can meet, maybe at the Tavern in Jeff.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Hi Guys.

I live down in the Rochester area. Not too many good shooting ranges near us. I usually just shoot in the field near my house or in the gravel pit up one of the Forest Service roads.

I'd be happy to find a gun club less than an hour from home.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Guys.

I live down in the Rochester area. Not too many good shooting ranges near us. I usually just shoot in the field near my house or in the gravel pit up one of the Forest Service roads.

I'd be happy to find a gun club less than an hour from home.
That's a beautiful valley. When I lived in the country (Westford, Vermont) I just stepped outside to hunt or shoot. I gotta say, I miss that.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Man, I wish I'd known you worked at Smugg's! I just returned to NH from a week-long stay at Smugg's. I brought a bunch of my HKs too. Spent most of my time scaling boulders to go fishing in the bottom of the gorge on Brewster River. Water was warm, but I still managed to get a couple 1ft+ brookies!

J

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I miss the range my landlord had out in the back field. Visiting VT for the first time in 3 years!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts