HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been a die hard 1911 shooter for years. I have owned some of the finest 1911's ever produced and I firmly believe that the .45 ACP round is the number one defensive pistol round in the world. My Current carry 1911 is a customized Wilson Combat Professional model and I love the gun and the way it shoots. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I went to the gun shop not really planning on buying a new firearm but just looking around at what was new as I've been out of the loop for a while. To be honest, since buying the Wilson Combat .45 I really have had no reason to browse at new pistols.

I saw a H&K P30 in 9mm and was intrigued by its tactical appearance and high capacity. I looked at the pistol and loved the way it felt in my hand and the customizable grip panels etc. I was so impressed I bought my first H&K on the spot. I took it out to the range, shot it. Shot it some more. Then shot it more and more. I have since put my 1911 in a state of semi retirement. I have been enjoying the P30 in 9mm so much that I decided to go out today and buy one in .40 S&W. I have not had the opportunity to shoot the .40 cal yet but if it shoots even half as sweet as the 9mm Im gona have a hard time deciding between the two. 9mm is not my favorite defensive round but it holds a few more bullets. .40 cal is a decent defensive round but it weighs a bit more and holds less ammo. Either way, Im sure I will be amply prepared for any situation with either pistol.

Another big plus is that all the gear (holsters, mag pouches, etc.) are interchangeable between the two guns. A win, win situation if you ask me.

Am I hooked? Is this what it's like to be a H&K junkie? Someone help me, Im running out of money :p

·
Registered
634 Posts
I was in the same boat. Welcome to the world of no compromise and HKPro. If you want to feed the newbie junkie feelings, this is the place for you. ;)

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
Congrats on your first HK.

I'd like to suggest an HK45. Minus well get the newest of the most awesome!!! Not that I dont love the USP Tactical, its an excellent weapon.

Either way, enjoy.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Im in the same boat brother...but im not completely convinced to give up on my 1911's just yet...
You will as your desire for more HK's increases and you walk by the safe and say man that's XX amount of money just sitting there because I don't shoot it anymore.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Usp expert 45 i what i ended up replacing my 1911 with. And after today getting a 3" 5 shot group @ 70y, I couldnt be happier. Longest attempted pistol shot to date for me and i hit every time. The expert is a serious beast

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the club (and the forum) Sniper308. I am about 6 - 7 weeks into this addiction myself. Mine started with a P30 9mm also but while I had the advantage of test firing one at the range of my LGS I tried to go the less expensive route of buying and selling lesser pistols. Finally came to my senses and bought my first HK. Last week I picked up another new HK, the USP 45 Tactical. The match grade trigger it has is very sweet and I do not miss my Kimber at all that I traded in towards the purchase. Not that I am comparing Kimber to Wilson FWIW.

Now I am pulling together funds for the Group Buy of the HK45c in FDE.

Selling guitars, trading and selling other firearms, all so that I can have more HK. Definitely and addiction.

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are many advantages to 9mm over 45. Capacity, lower recoil, cheaper ammo. All handgun calibers are anemic compared to a rifle, so shot placement is what counts with pistols. The P30 is an amazing pistol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
They are sweet looking guns. It is easy to become "attracted" to one....or many. I just picked up a P30 .40 on Friday and haven't even shot it yet, but already admiring the HK45 and HK45c. It will be a long time before I buy another, but I already know I will keep it in the family.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
What's wrong with a USP45 fullsize? lol
Nothing "wrong" with it but i believe he was getting at the fact that the tactical has the match trigger in it. Obviously it could be put in a standard usp, but the tactical has it from the factory.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The HK P30 9mm v3 was my 1st HK and its my favorite of all my guns as well as my carry gun. HK makes outstanding guns
I have recently put money down on a new HK 45c another HK I fell In love with, I plan on putting a tactical light on it and the 10 round Elephant foot mag and keep it home for home defense! I love everything about my P30 ! To me it looks like a gun Bat Man would carry ! Congrats and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for all the welcomes. Its good to be surrounded with so many others who share a fondness for not just guns in general but for high quality guns. I am definetly on the lookout now for a HK in .45 ACP. There are so many options I dont know where to begin. The expert sounds like a nice one. I've also admired the MK 23 for some time now although it looks to be a bit large for CC. Most gun shops in my area do not stock H&K Im guessing because of their price. In the economy like we have today so many are influenced solely by price alone and that is such a shame. I firmly believe that you get what you pay for and would rather pay for what I want the first time around than to get the cheaper one home, not like it, and the go back and by the one I should have bought in the first place.

Again, thanks for all the responses and welcomes to the group. I'm gona start looking at a nice .45 I can use for CC. Now when the zombie invasion starts, I'll be covered either way. It should not be a problem finding ammo for at least one of the 3 major calibers especially since 2 of them are military used.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If you want a 45 for CC, look no further than the hk45c.

·
Registered
114 Posts
"rather pay for what I want the first time around than to get the cheaper one home, not like it, and the go back and by the one I should have bought in the first place."

Yep, that was me on my way to my P30. To quote The Who, "Won't Get Fooled Again".

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Buy once buy right. That saying holds true with everything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts