HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so no one dug my idea of adding serrations on the front of my P7 slide to mask the mill mark. I've come around to not digging it either now. Because I'm not a fan of the fonts mismatching between the serial number and M8 on the slide and the frame, I want something different. One member mentioned just leaving the right side of the slide blank. I was just starting to come around to that idea when I came up with the idea that I can have anything I want stamped into the blank slide (after milling it down even with the slight mill mark). I have always dug the "United States Property" marking on 1911s and M16s and such. So I thought what might be cool is to add something to the effect of this:

GSG 9 Eigenschaft

Translates to "GSG 9 Property" (according to Babelfish, so you know it's wrong ;) )

Does anyone here speak German or know what the GSG 9 might've had imprinted on a P7M8 if they were so inclined to do such a thing? (I realize that they would never actually do such a thing. I'm just going for a "cool factor" here.)

Other ideas on what would be cool to "tag" my P7M8 with? Tell you what, best idea (the one I pick) wins a $20 bill. Serious. Why not. We got all Wednesday here at the office, guys. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Another idea I had was:

Hk P7M8SD [Proof house logo]

Seems Ford's can replicate the proof house logo faithfully. Don't know why they can't match the serial number and model number font. Hmmm...

I'm planning on having the barrel threaded and an adapter made for my suppressor. I know the P7s aren't the best for suppressing. But hey, why not? And threaded barrels look cool! :)

Or how about:

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE, SOME MEN DON'T.

That'd be pretty cool and kinda funny at the same time. I've always loved that blatantly sexist tag line of theirs. It's kind of a shame they went all PC and dropped "MEN" from the line.

·
Registered
138 Posts
GSG 9 Eigenschaft

Translates to "GSG 9 Property"
ummh, no, it does not. The word you were looking for is Eigentum not Eigenschaft. I guess the GSG 9 would have just imprinted a "GSG 9" on it. I can´t think of anything else to put on the gun right now myself, but if you need help with some transaltion let me know.

H.Koch

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Unless you were in the GSG9, I'd skip putting their name on the side of a pistol.
Um... maybe the pistol was used by the GSG 9? We'll never know for sure that it wasn't, you know. ;)

On a related point, I don't get why there are some folks that are so against "portray[ing] an operator lifestyle when they aren't operators," as Ninjamaster put it in Uebermind's post about wanting to engrave TACTICAL on his USP9SD slide. Uebermind, engrave whatever you want on your pistol. It's YOUR pistol. I'm sure that "Ninjamaster" ISN'T a master of ninjas either. Even if he's only referring to the Kawasaki motorcycle, who gave him the rank of "master"? "People in glass houses" and all, right?

Come on, kids! Don't take yourselves so seriously. All this gun stuff is mostly all about playing anyway. Going out to the range to have a little fun. Collecting guns, modifying them as we want to. I'm sure no one on this board is an actual "operator." But can't we have a little fun playing with big boy toys? Next thing you know, someone will be saying that there's no reason to own a semi-auto (let alone a full-auto) firearm unless you're an "operator." When it comes right down to it, all of us on this board are just playing. It's a hobby. Sure, there might be a few public safety types. But I'm sure many of their posts have little to do with actually ensuring public safety. I'm sure they're just having a little fun too. Geez, lighten up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummh, no, it does not. The word you were looking for is Eigentum not Eigenschaft.
That's what I get for using Altavista's Babelfish. Doh!

Sorry, I only speak Russian, Japanese, and Thai. Oh, and a little bit of English. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
On a related point, I don't get why there are some folks that are so against "portray[ing] an operator lifestyle when they aren't operators," as Ninjamaster put it in Uebermind's post about wanting to engrave TACTICAL on his USP9SD slide. Uebermind, engrave whatever you want on your pistol. It's YOUR pistol. I'm sure that "Ninjamaster" ISN'T a master of ninjas either. Even if he's only referring to the Kawasaki motorcycle, who gave him the rank of "master"? "People in glass houses" and all, right?
You must have heard about me. I never once mentioned Kawasaki. LOL, you must have knowledge of the 10r and probably have some mastery of riding as well. I do ride a Kawasaki Ninja and have proven myself to the masses with a 9th degree black belt, in riding of course.

Anyways, I do agree with you, its a free world. Opinions are like you know what, and everybody has one.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You must have heard about me. I never once mentioned Kawasaki. LOL, you must have knowledge of the 10r and probably have some mastery of riding as well. I do ride a Kawasaki Ninja and have proven myself to the masses with a 9th degree black belt, in riding of course.

Anyways, I do agree with you, its a free world. Opinions are like you know what, and everybody has one.
i think you avatar might have given it away :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I saw your avatar and put dos and deux together. :) I have owned and ridden two different Ninja 250s (when I was first learning) and also a ZX7 later on. My stable currently holds a Honda VFR800. I'm actually thinking of selling it to buy another Ducati Monster 900. I had one of those that I modded heavily and then, like a dolt, sold. :( I really want another one. The VFR's cool. But the Monster just stirs my soul so much more.

Look at this, I've hijacked my own thread a couple of times. My bad.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i was thinking about selling my PSG-1 clone to get and Aprilia RSV1000R but i dont have enough money to make up the diff in price :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was thinking about selling my PSG-1 clone to get and Aprilia RSV1000R but i dont have enough money to make up the diff in price :)
Have you ridden a Monster? They're extremely fun. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
The only twin that can live close to the ZX10R is the Ducati 1098. I haven't ridden one yet but will. For more than $10,000 more than the Kawi it better be good. There is only 4 10r's in town and 1 1098 :(

how about this on the muzzle? "Got Jihad?"

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't get why there are some folks that are so against "portray[ing] an operator lifestyle when they aren't operators," as Ninjamaster put it in Uebermind's post about wanting to engrave TACTICAL on his USP9SD slide. Uebermind, engrave whatever you want on your pistol. It's YOUR pistol....

{SNIP}

But can't we have a little fun playing with big boy toys?
The problem with putting organizational markings on firearms to make them appear "tacticool" is that it screams "wannabe" and speaks to the point that the person probably should not own a firearm because he regards it as a toy.

I cannot remember who makes it but there is a fake suppressor (barrel shroud) that has US Gov't Secret Service property markings on it. It is designed to hide the long civilian barrel of the FN PS90. Think for a minute how ridiculous that is. A person goes to the range with a firearm that has a fake suppressor that does nothing. It begs for someone to walk up and say, "Hey, I think your suppressor is broken." How would you like to be the owner explaining your secret power fantasies to strangers?

While you are correct that it is the person's gun and he can do what he wants, putting fake markings for military, LE, or other tactical units makes the person seem insecure and immature. Contrary to what you said, guns are not toys. I doubt I will break you of that mindset, but that mindset is what gets people killed because they cease to treat firearms carefully.

I know it is anecdotal, but I remember an incident where a San Diego Police Academy Cadet decided to play "cops and robbers" with his girlfriend with his handgun. She was a "bad girl" and he pulled the trigger. She died. -This is what can happen when you have the mindset that guns are big boy toys.

If you want to change a marking that you do not like because of aesthetic concerns that is one thing, but changing it to fake military or LE markings is just a bad idea. Hopefully, you will pick something that does not reflect negatively on you. -Good luck with your decision.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,701 Posts
"Go Hillary"?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BreakerDave, you make some good points. The Secret Service model of the non-functioning suppressor does indeed seem pretty stupid.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.