HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all from out here in Okiehoma.
I'm just getting started on collecting parts to build a G3/91 and have tons of ideas and questions. I would greatly appreciate all the help and expertise that the masters on here have to offer and would like to thank you all in advance for the knowledge.

I'm looking to build a rifle that will out live the end of time so to speak. So I have questions as to what everyone's opinions are as to meloniting barrels, nickel boron coating bolt carriers and possibly locking pieces.

I've only just begun to acquire parts for this build hopefully I should have my flat and weldement kit by the end of the month. So please chime in and fill me with knowledge.

Thanks again all

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Welcome to the site--- let us know about the finished product!!! :biggrin:
Some of the knowledgeable builders here will answer your queries shortly. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome words.
As soon as I talk the boss into letting me buy more parts this build will go a lot faster. But we just bought our first house so she's being tight on my wallet. :4000:
But at least I'll get to be as anal retentive obsessive compulsive on my research as I like to be lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Melonite is actually supposed to be as hard as chrome lining. Not sure on price of ptocess , but I have heard it is cheaper than chrome. I have a ar 15 with melonite treated barrel and I have not seen any kind of wear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Melonite is actually supposed to be as hard as chrome lining. Not sure on price of ptocess , but I have heard it is cheaper than chrome. I have a ar 15 with melonite treated barrel and I have not seen any kind of wear.
From what I've been reading I think its supposed to be harder than chrome. I'm wondering if I have the trunnion melonited will it be a problem when it comes time to weld it in the reciever.

Jaredr007 Do you still have that g3 parts kit for sale? If you do what barrel is with it? What else is in the kit? Any 922 compliance parts? What's the price on it? If I can pry my wallet out of my wife's hands I may be interested in it. I

1 - 5 of 5 Posts