HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a used USP. The date code, if I remember correctly is KG. i know it was a mid to late 90's USP. My question is, were there any, for a lack of a better term "bad years", to be aware of. Any specific problems or changes I should be aware of. Before anyone suggests, just buy a new one. The reason I'm considering this one is it is a stainless USP.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Nope, no "bad years" per se.

There have been some differences over the years, but nothing to stop ya from buying any of them.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
If you're getting it for a good price. Pick it up and shoot the crap out of it!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is the value lower for older pistols? I am looking at SS 9mm compact USP that is dated 98 at this time....they are asking for $650, but I am just not sure whether it is worth that price for an older model as I am not familiar with USP. It is in very good condition. Don't know how many rounds been through it.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Is the value lower for older pistols? I am looking at SS 9mm compact USP that is dated 98 at this time....they are asking for $650, but I am just not sure whether it is worth that price for an older model as I am not familiar with USP. It is in very good condition. Don't know how many rounds been through it.
There is a premium for stainless, so I would say that the price is about the average for one in very good condition. I would try to get it for $600, but I would still buy it for $650 as long as it came with at least 2 mags. . . HK mags are expensive. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
There is a premium for stainless, so I would say that the price is about the average for one in very good condition. I would try to get it for $600, but I would still buy it for $650 as long as it came with at least 2 mags. . . HK mags are expensive. :)
Thank you for this information!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can anyone provide a link that has all the information on changes over the years made to USP?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am only aware of some firing pin and block design changes, but nothing major. SS models are getting harder to find but it all depends on the condition its in as to what price its worth.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Try doing a search here first. The list of changes to the USP has been posted literally dozens of times.
None of the changes IMO are anything worth noting. Most are to satisfy the lawyers.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Your possible new pistol should have a poly bore and the newer trigger mechanizem, you good to go. why pay big $ for a new one?

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts