HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After some help from Brad at Atlantic Firearms, I ordered Omega MP5K on Tuesday. Surprisingly it was shipped the next day and was at my FFL on Friday afternoon. I was torn between the Omega and the Zenith but ultimately decided on the Omega due to the 922r compliance. I had exchanged multiple emails and Brad and Blaine were extremely responsive; often answering emails after normal business hours.

3.jpg Package.jpg 1.jpg unwraping.jpg 2.jpg

It came sealed in a nice case with with the inspection results, manual, some Atlantic Arms stickers. I wasn't sure what to expect. I am used to AR type machined firearms versus the stamped steal guns. I was impressed with the welds on this.

trigger 3.jpg trigger 1.jpg bolt.jpg trigger 2.jpg mag1.jpg

I realize that the guns are test fired but was a little surprised with the wear on the one magazine that came with it. This is going to be used so I'm not concerned.

One thing that was noticeable was the amount of oil that was packed in it. It needed a good cleaning when I got it home.

At the range, this thing kicked ass!! Such a blast to shoot. The iron sights were spot-on out of the box. Contrary to the advice, i was shooting 115 grain with pretty good results. I had 3 failures out of a couple of hundred rounds but I'm blaming the ammo. I added a single point sling and the thing rocked. I tried to put it through its paces by fireing full mages, fast reloads, etc. The only thing thing bad was the handgaurd got hot but but nothing a pare of gloves wont fix. I will be Tax Stamping it and add a vertical forward grip which should help (in 8-9months).

shooting.jpg

When i got home and cleaned it, the coating on the barrel muzzle did come off. I was using Hopps #9; what I use on all firearms.
muzzle post cleaning.jpg

Overall, a great gun. I would recommend it to anyone. I'm glad I decided on the K versus the standard MP5 because the size is perfect and a blast at the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Excellent review. The MP5K is next on my list!!

I have the MP5 pistol version from Atlantic.

So far, I love it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just a question... Why would gun cleaning solvent take the muzzle down to bare steel? Aren't they park'ed first or doesn't Omega do that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a question... Why would gun cleaning solvent take the muzzle down to bare steel? Aren't they park'ed first or doesn't Omega do that?
I'm not sure. Came off when I wiped it down with the Hoppe's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,582 Posts
You don't want the 3 lug painted anyways. Plus you can't parkerize stainless steal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So emailed Atlantic Arms this weekend regarding the paint on the 3 lug. They immediately responded explaining the paint causing issues on the tri-lug.

They also offered a new magazine since the one that came with was worn.

Again; very impressed with Atlantic Arms customer service.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So emailed Atlantic Arms this weekend regarding the paint on the 3 lug. They immediately responded explaining the paint causing issues on the tri-lug.

They also offered a new magazine since the one that came with was worn.

Again; very impressed with Atlantic Arms customer service.

I've got an Omega also with 800 rounds through it, all of them my 115 grain reloads. I've only had two failure to fire incidents where both rounds were reloaded and fired. Another 'shout out' for Atlantic's customer service, they move fast to take care of you after the purchase as should be.

1,159 Posts
We have seen a wide variety of minor spec differences with various suppressor mounts and a thickly coated Tri lug can possibly cause issues when installing a can. The tri lugs are lightly fogged with paint to avoid this on the Omegas. There have been various Roller locks offered where the entire end of the bbl was not coated because of this issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts