HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at one of our local gun shops and noticed a reworked used Vector 93 rifle on consignment. After inspecting it, the only parts that were U.S. made was the receiver and possibly the barrel's trunnion. The trigger pack looked very much like an original HK-93 trigger pack with all HK "guts," with a HK-93 steel trigger housing, marked with "1" and "0." The barrel was an original HK/Malaysian contract HK33 15.5" barrel with a pinned-on HK flash suppressor. It also comes with a "well used" 30rd LEO marked HK factory magazine.

It looked like the original owner put some money into this gun by replacing most of the Vector Arms parts with original or licensed HK parts.

...I currently own an original HK-93, but its basically a Safe Queen and the Vector will make a nice range gun for carefree blasting.

After asking the shop owner about the lack of U.S. made parts, he stated that 922(r) ONLY applied to firearms either being imported into the U.S. or manufactured in the U.S. And once sold, the owner can basically do what he wants to the firearm.

I believe the guy since he has never bullsh!tted me before... I just want to make sure its all above board before buying it.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas!!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,749 Posts
922(r) only applies to the making or assembly of the weapon. Basically, you cannot use more than 10 imported parts to build or assemble a weapon that would otherwise be unlawful to import. It is a building or assembling offense, not a possession offense. This has been posted many times on this forum. Use search.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.