HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I know what the date codes are. However, is there a way to find out either the actual date (i.e. month and day) of manufacture or the date of import?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Not that I know of. Just curious, why do you want to know? Just for the hell of it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
you could always call H&K CS and ask.
i know glocks say on the envelope that the test fired round comes in. does HK do something like that too?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The proof date code approximates the production date of the pistol, but it's the year the pistol was proofed -- not made.

The empty shell casing is a requirement of several of the Occupied States and is done in the USA, not when the pistol is made.

Unless someone has a serial number manufacturing sequence list the proof date as as close as you'll get. Note the frames also have a date code in them. Pretty sure my frame codes all pre-date the proof code and the casing dates are all, or course, afterwards.

US made pistols will not have proof date codes since they're not sent to an outside proof house.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
FWIW, my USP Tactical has BA date codes on the slide, inside the frame and also a spent casing from 2010. So mine all match.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
US made pistols will not have proof date codes since they're not sent to an outside proof house.

-- Chuck
Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but the US made HK's do have a date code on them. Also, they are proofed in house; the liberty bell is the US proof mark.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Thanks, I've not seen a US made HK. Proof date is not required but there's no reason HK can't put one on the pistol.

As for the fired cartridge case from Germany, the envelope with the fired .45ACP case with my HK45C (made in Germany) and the 9mm case with my P2000SK (made in Germany) notes the FFL where Mr. Morlock works.
License Number: 1-58-XXX-XX-XX-04496
Expiration Date: 04/01/2014
License Name: HECKLER & KOCH, INC
Premise Address: 5675 TRANSPORT BLVD STE # 200
COLUMBUS GA - 31907
-- Chuck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not that I know of. Just curious, why do you want to know? Just for the hell of it?
Well, living here in the great state of Massachusetts, there are a number of 'rules' on the purchasing of firearms...most very random just to make it more difficult on the law abiding. There are also a number of lists that certain firearms are on depending on if they can be purchased or not, what requirements they meet, etc. One of those, depends on the list it's on and what the date of manufacture is. So, if it's made before a certain date it's legal, if it's made on the day after, it's not. Also, to another replier here, I called HK CS and, for a few that I was looking for date of manufacture for, they were only able to get me the date of import (which helped).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts