HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to MP5s. I am in the process of purchasing a MP5A3 with a law letter. The first pic is what I am purchasing. It has the standard SEF trigger. I see separate trigger groups for sale.

If the trigger groups are interchangeable, what is the serialized part?

Can I upgrade it to the newer Navy version with burst and full auto such as in the second picture?

Thanks for your assistance.

HK MP5A3- SRT.jpg

H&KMP5A4.jpg

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Getting a law letter on a HK and don't know the difference...man I wish I was that lucky.

The top is a SEF housing and trigger pack. The bottom is a newer ambi housing and trigger pack. You can switch them over but you have to buy the complete housing with trigger pack and selector. None of the parts from the two are interchangeable, but both lowers are compatible with the same receiver.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,044 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to MP5s. I am in the process of purchasing a MP5A3 with a law letter. The first pic is what I am purchasing. It has the standard SEF trigger. I see separate trigger groups for sale.

If the trigger groups are interchangeable, what is the serialized part?

Can I upgrade it to the newer Navy version with burst and full auto such as in the second picture?

Thanks for your assistance.

View attachment 83929

View attachment 83913
Depends on what is the MG if the Receiver is your MG you can put whatever you want on it............If the pack is serialized you will need to have it modified by a smith not sure the logistics of that on a LE gun......

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on what is the MG if the Receiver is your MG you can put whatever you want on it............If the pack is serialized you will need to have it modified by a smith not sure the logistics of that on a LE gun......
So some MP5A3s have a serialized receiver and some have a different part serialized?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
If that is a factory built, LE, MP5 and not any type of conversion, then the receiver is the serialized part. You can then put whatever trigger group on it that you would like. BTW, the A3 designation is just for the collapsable stock. The second picture you posted with the fixed stock is an A2 model.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If that is a factory built, LE, MP5 and not any type of conversion, then the receiver is the serialized part. You can then put whatever trigger group on it that you would like. BTW, the A3 designation is just for the collapsable stock. The second picture you posted with the fixed stock is an A2 model.

Enjoy.
Yes, I was familiar with the A2 vs A3 stock config. It's not a conversion, so it would be serialized on the receiver. Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Besides the trigger group and the stock in my two pictures, are there any other differences in the receiver, bolt or anything else between the older and newer models?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
yes, there were several running changes to the MP5 over the years. You will want to do some research on the Action 3 bolt head and the "F" model MP5.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
The F were upgraded to handle hotter ammo. Unless you're just wanting to have an authentic F model or are having problems, the upgrades are nice, but not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 21 Posts