HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been on the fence now about trying out one of the clones or just go with a parts kit build. I came across a good condition Zenith Z-5RS with about 1k rounds through it. I can probably get it from my buddy for about $1k OTD. Is this to good of a deal to pass up on this clone or should I just wait and save for the parts build? Looks as though these go for near $1700 new. HELPPPPPP

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have an SBR'd z5rs and it is great. Also have a z5p that is flawless. if you don't want it, I'd pick it up. lol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Get off the fence and BUY IT!!! I've been shooting MKE's since they first started importation in 2009 and I still have yet to be disappointed. In fact, I'm still buying them!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If you can get it for 1K grab it and run. Even if it needed some light fixing or tweaking or a refinish, that's still a very good price considering retail.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine has been flawless so far. Wanting a K also. A thousand bucks is a SCREAMIN' Deal. I paid nearly 2k for mine & I'd do it again. It's a quality firearm.
:cool:

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,212 Posts
Had the Director of Marketing for Zenith attend our Advanced SMG Operator Course last weekend. He ran his Z5RS hard all weekend and it did extremely well; a few malfunctions, but we attributed the double feeds to the Zenith magazines, which appeared to have feed lips that were too wide.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/teufelshund-tactical/294146-after-action-report-nov-2016-teufelshund-tactical-advanced-smg-operator-course.html

He also left me a Zenith for test and evaluation, which is performing well so far.
More to follow on my end, as I shake it out and then head up to their HQ next month to see more.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I did a full disassembly on the firearm that went through the course that James mentions above. I'd buy one for $1000 every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I specifically noted the quality of machining on the bolt - which was a true "F" bolt - unlike the POF offerings. If memory serves the carrier felt lighter (tungsten filled?) than the bricks in my SW clones.

The Zenith mentioned in the below pic is on the left, my Ghillie PCS is on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Ive been on the fence now about trying out one of the clones or just go with a parts kit build. I came across a good condition Zenith Z-5RS with about 1k rounds through it. I can probably get it from my buddy for about $1k OTD. Is this to good of a deal to pass up on this clone or should I just wait and save for the parts build? Looks as though these go for near $1700 new. HELPPPPPP
Don't let another sun set on this deal. Get it.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Any chance there gonna sell FDE ones?? :)

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,212 Posts
Oh man, James, I envy you. Make sure you ask them about the SD model and the full length Z43 carbines; inquiring minds want to know!
I did. It is an importation issue at the ATF level at the moment.
They also said they have the ability to produce a HK21E, but don't know if there would be a demand for it. Start hitting up their website with requests.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,212 Posts
Any chance there gonna sell FDE ones?? :)
We're meeting next week to discuss recommendations for a "upgraded" model offering.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Both possibilities are awesome I have three of there guns and really happy with them. Thanx for the info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts